JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I toyed with selling my '51 K31 last Spring, but I didn't get any serious offers so I held on to it. There weren't very many K31's made compared to other milsurp rifles from this same time period. I'm surprised all matching examples can still be had for < $500 on Gunbroker. I love shooting mine, but ammo availability is a problem for those of us who don't reload.

I toyed with selling my '51 K31 last Spring, but I didn't get any serious offers so I held on to it. There weren't very many K31's made compared to other milsurp rifles from this same time period. I'm surprised all matching examples can still be had for < $500 on Gunbroker. I love shooting mine, but ammo availability is a problem for those of us who don't reload.

The answer is in your own paws, Sir. A few of us at swissrifles.com and my old pals Leon, Fritz and milprileb have long enjoyed cheap-er shooting with our handloaded concoctions. They sure do shoot a treat - here's my last six shots from a session a couple of weeks ago...

Mag holds six, so that's what I shot....

1566513649562.png

Here's MY K31 with a x4 Weaver K4 on Swiss Products clamp-on mount and Warne rings.....

View attachment 610695

I stopped buying GP11 when it passed the $100/C mark. Now it's around $1.13 a pop and I reload.
Here are the K11 and K31 together....

View attachment 610703

Green tag is a pre-shoot checker mark to show my trigger conforms.
Funniest line so far today.

Every time you do this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the sight takes my breath away a little. Kind of like the stunningly beautiful woman that you see walking down the street. And the realization that you could never have her by your side. :s0161:
Sheesh, maybe I ought to start looking for a Swiss Miss, to sit beside my Swede in the safe?

Every time you do this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the sight takes my breath away a little. Kind of like the stunningly beautiful woman that you see walking down the street. And the realization that you could never have her by your side. :s0161:
Sheesh, maybe I ought to start looking for a Swiss Miss, to sit beside my Swede in the safe?

Mik, both of my Swiss rifles were 'parted out' at the R&GC on the base where I was on TDY. As I was a member of the R&GC Europe at the time, and was 'entitled personnel' I leaped in with my wallet.

The K31 was $79.95 and the K11 was $89.95, but both came with slings and muzzle covers [oh, and a hundred cases that I couldn't use, since I was not set up for de-capping berdan primers.]

Here is another Swiss Miss for your viewing pleasure.. My matching 1951, still has a little Swiss Crest on the right side of the stock. I keep detailed stats on my target shooting and this coupled with GP11 is the most accurate vintage rifle that I own, by a wide margin. Now if I could only find more (affordable) GP11...

K31_6-4-19C.jpg

AD - the chances of getting a mis-matched Swiss anything are VERY slim indeed. Only the magazines might just be 'lost', but since, like the Lee-Enfield, they were meant to be refilled, rather than replaced, and you'd have to be really unlucky to find a mis-match. Spare magazines are available, but are around the $80 -100 mark - each. Best thing is not to take it off - ever, except for routine cleaning.

And BTW, you DO use grease post shooting, don't you?

Note that the sights do NOT match - they were out-made by a different part of the state arms factory in Bern, and that little Swiss shield on the stock is the cantonal arms of Bern Canton

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top