Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Justice Thomas Weighs in on Gun Rights

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by etrain16, Feb 29, 2016.

1. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

After almost 10 years of silence on the bench, Justice Clarence Thomas actually spoke up in court today to address a question - specifically regarding 2nd Amendment rights. I wonder if he was spurned on by the loss of Justice Scalia, a friend of Thomas'? Was he attempting to step into the role often filled by his friend? To give a voice to Americans that cherish their rights?

It's just a curiosity that he spoke up today, especially considering the subject matter. Will we be able to look to him to help fill his buddies' shoes?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...rt-1st-time-in-10-years/ar-BBq9VOF?li=BBnbfcL

2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just read and was getting ready to post also.... I like his timing. Great questions! We need another justice who can hold the line and ask important questions.

Slobray, nammac and etrain16 like this.
  3. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Let's hope that Justice Thomas will hold the same thought provoking, Constitution understanding line that Justice Scalia was known for...

Slobray and etrain16 like this.
  4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Well worded.

When I first read what was asked early this morning it didn't hit me It wasn't until a couple hours later that it rang like a bell with clarity.

The point he made is clear. There are no others laws like this one, the brush stoke is broad and is not equal.

nammac likes this.