JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wades in bellevue has fully stocked shelves but its going to cost you

they had .223 for the smoking hot price of $899 for 1000 rnds.

go ahead and pick up a colt AR for $3k while you are at it.

I'm very glad I got some 4,000+ rds late last year at the old prices. Added that to the 8,000+ rds I already had.

Double the price I paid, sell half of it and I've got free ammo!

Assuming the manufacturing lines are running full steam, stores should be getting supplied as normal, just with no "slack" in the system. If a shop normally sells 100 boxes of ammo a month, then at some point they should be getting re-supplied at 100 boxes/month. Otherwise somebody is buying more than they were before. If this ammo shortage goes on much longer, the only explanation is the manuf. or distributor is stockpiling it, or somebody(gov't) that wasn't buying before is now buying it all up. It would be interesting to hear from a distributor's perspective. There's too much variability with single stores.

I got some.45 acp at Hillsboro Bi-Mart today not much else there...shelves are looking bare and sporting goods personal are grumpy 2008 all over again. They are busy makin .40's for the alphabet government agencys.

I stopped at the BiMart I shop at most often last night on my way home, looking for ammo. They were stocked up on 17 and shotgun shells, along with some "hunting" calibers like 270, 7MM, and 30-06. Very little else, and no 22, 9MM, 40, etc.

I asked if they had been getting any in, thinking I am just missing out, and was told that the only ammo they have received in weeks is 45 and 38 - and not a lot of that.

a) it's being consumed, i.e., bought and shot.

b) it's being hoarded, i.e., bought and stored. If it's this, all storage has limits. People will run out of closet space, garage space, house space and then reach the limits of wife-space.

According to AIM,

they went through "1.3 million rds of 5.45x39 in three hours & 9 skids of wolf .223 lasted 30 minutes"

Ammo is not lasting long enough to even hit the shelves at most places I think...

I guess I don't understand why the hoarding of 22lr. I can understand the 5.56, 9mm, .30-30 etc, but the little 22lr doesn't make sense to me.

To trade with when the SHTF.
22lr is great for hunting small game.
It can still kill up to 200 yards.
Its lightweight, you can carry tons of it.
anddd buy it cheap, stack it deep.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top