JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I heard from a couple sources that a major ammo manufacturer had 5 years worth of ammo stocked away, and this is standard for them. I guess it took less then a month to sell out this massive stash. So my question is, I have not really seen any store around here get much of any shipments in from manufacturers for over a month. If the local stores aren't getting it who is? Talking to people from all the stores they don't know either. I'm starting to think the Sasquatch is in on this one. What say ye?
Please be gentle for all you grumpy trolls wanting to call me ignorant.

So I heard from a couple sources that a major ammo manufacturer had 5 years worth of ammo stocked away, and this is standard for them. I guess it took less then a month to sell out this massive stash. So my question is, I have not really seen any store around here get much of any shipments in from manufacturers for over a month. If the local stores aren't getting it who is? Talking to people from all the stores they don't know either.
Please be gentle for all you grumpy trolls wanting to call me ignorant.

well, the government has been buying a lot, then the shootings happend and everybody else started to buy as much as they could.
There is nothing like a shortage to compel people to buy much more than they normally would.

well, the government has been buying a lot, then the shootings happend and everybody else started to buy as much as they could.
There is nothing like a shortage to compel people to buy much more than they normally would.

I understand all that but the shelves were gone in what i saw was about a week and know one has really received any substantial orders since then. I would hear about one store getting 10 boxes of this or that and another store getting 5 boxes of this or that and that's it. All the bimarts sold out of powder asap and I am able to stop in a vast amount of them throughout the week, and they have gotten zero since then. Just strange to me is all.

maybe it was all lost in this boating accident I keep hearing about?

Someone is gonna be the richest person in the world when they find that pot of gold from all these boating accidents. I've been thinking about getting into scuba diving actually. Now is the perfect time from what I can tell.

The life cycle of ammo is pretty straightforward:

Manufacturer --> Distributor --> Retailer --> Consumer

Last time I checked, the manufacturers are still fully operational, and so are their distributor/retailer networks.

So to answer your question, all the ammo is......in consumers hands.

Retailers are still getting shipments, but those shipments are flying off the shelves before you can blink, giving the appearance of them being persistently out of stock.

The life cycle of ammo is pretty straightforward:

Manufacturer --> Distributor --> Retailer --> Consumer

Last time I checked, the manufacturers are still fully operational, and so are their distributor/retailer networks.

So to answer your question, all the ammo is......in consumers hands.

Retailers are still getting shipments, but those shipments are flying off the shelves before you can blink, giving the appearance of them being persistently out of stock.

I hear ya on this, but I go into these stores daily. I go in on the days they say that they "should" get stock of ammo in and they get nothing. Week after week they say the same thing. They say they haven't gotten ammo in weeks. Maybe the major ammo manufacturer didnt have 5 years of inventory as I first heard. Maybe all the delivery trucks crashed and fell off a bridge and into the river.

Brick stores are not the only place that sell it. I would say the majority of bulk ammo is ordered and dropped right on the buyers door step. If people have ordered it all up then there is none to ship to the brick stores.........

One of the reports I saw said there was a backorder from just ONE online seller of 1.5 million orders of at least 1 case of ammo.

Brick stores are not the only place that sell it. I would say the majority of bulk ammo is ordered and dropped right on the buyers door step. If people have ordered it all up then there is none to ship to the brick stores.........

One of the reports I saw said there was a backorder from just ONE online seller of 1.5 million orders of at least 1 case of ammo.

This makes some sence indeed. Thanks. You mean just because I have never been into ordering ammo online and paying for shipping, others do?;)

This makes some sence indeed. Thanks. You mean just because I have never been into ordering ammo online and paying for shipping, others do?;)

I don't understand you point about paying for shipping. The majority of ammo I have bought shipped free........ The rest was like free.

It is simple math. IF Asking Price + fuel + my time = more then Asking price + shipping then I have it shipped. So if local place sells a case for $250 and I have to go get it but online place sells it for $225 = $10 shipping it is cheeper and it shows up on my door step.

I don't understand you point about paying for shipping. The majority of ammo I have bought shipped free........ The rest was like free.

It is simple math. IF Asking Price + fuel + my time = more then Asking price + shipping then I have it shipped. So if local place sells a case for $250 and I have to go get it but online place sells it for $225 = $10 shipping it is cheeper and it shows up on my door step.

You are right. I am just not online ammo ordering savvy just yet. In time this grasshopper will learn all the ricks of the trade and find the honey holes online. I havent had to as of yet because I had an in at a local supplier but they are totally tapped out. Every thing they have is now saved for gun shows where they can mark up the ammo like crazy and its still selling like hot cakes.

It's the Great Store Clerk Caper of all time!
I've heard plenty of stories of clerks snatching up ammo.. for their own range use or for resale, who knows. What I do know is that there's a lot of ammo being sold at high prices by private individuals on the internet.

Sales tax plays in the equation too. Most times, its cheaper to pay shipping than the queen's cut on it. Most often, online is way cheaper than any retail store. I formed the opinion years ago that if its worth buying, its worth ordering a case or 2 online. My brown shirt delivery friend stopped by one day and while unloading a heavy box, said "happy blowing things up".

As it was explained to me by a gun counter person at one of our local retailers, and I'm not saying I fully believe, but it does make some sense. We out here on the left coast are the last to recieve any of this stuff. Seems most ammo, powder etc is munufactured more toward the East coast. Considering the costs of shipping, haz-mat fees, fuel etc., we are, of course, the last to get a share of what ever comes out of the (Large) producers. I suppose it's possible that everything coming out of the manufacturers is being bought up before it gets WAY out here? What we need are some of the BIG ammo, powder producers to put up shops on this side of the US!

??

Would you believe...., it's all been shot up?

shortage, what shortage,.,. like gasoline.. you still drive or ride to work ..somehow

Shooting sports.. still happening..somehow.

do you have ANY of the ammunition you shoot..? guess your not really out.. just WANT MORE..

Think about ECON 101.. .o2c

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top