JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And now have a S&W 625-6 "Model of 1989" .45 ACP revolver on the way. First revolver in 25 years or so, and first stainless steel gun of any sort. That last revolver was also my first S&W, a nickeled Model 57 with 8-3/8" barrel, so this will be my second Smith. Probably went a little high on my winning bid, $825, but that was still well under the starting bid on all the other 625's currently on GB. Here's hoping it's a good one, as this means I now have to get serious about selling my CZ 97 BD, something I would never have considered if I didn't have my SIG P220R.

As I'm sure some of you are aware, I've been doing a fair bit of research on .45 ACP revolvers, as well as a lot of other research on this particular model. Frankly, everything I read only made me that much more eager to win this bid, and I appreciate all the info and insights from fellow forum members. Will post more when I finally get it in hand, as well as a pic or two, of course :D. Later.

Dave

I believe you got a great gun at a nice price. I don't think you overpaid and the owner can't complain either. You'll need some more moon clips and consider wood grips for some bling. Once you get that CZ 97 BD sold, then you might consider a fancy holster to show off your S&W 625-6 "Model of 1989". May I suggest you peek at Purdy Gear for some custom leather ideas. The folks on S&W are a good source of info on your revolver too.

Not interested in bling, this will be a shooter, not a show piece :D. Besides, I like the black and silver of the rubber grips, makes a nice contrast, and gives a good grip, I have rubber grips on all my pistols for just that reason. Will need a holster at some point, even if just for range use, but again, serviceable vs. pretty. It's coming with a few moon clips, that'll give me the chance to shoot it right away, and make up my mind as to whether to get more moon clips and a tool, or order some .45 AR brass. Inclined towards the former, it'd be nice to only stock one type of brass and one load for both .45's. But we'll see. Later.

Dave

I just got my first rimless cartridge revolver recently, a S&W 929 (9mm) and immediately ordered a BMT Mooner for loading the moon clips. It is so fast and easy you'll forget the price in no time. I can provide a link if needed but YouTube can show how quick it'll load and de-moon your clips. Nice score btw!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top