Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just when you thought that Grays Harbor County had enough wackos in it.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by coastal steelheader, Feb 8, 2016.

1. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

..This guy pops up.
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-supporting-isis-possessing-illegal-firearms/

There is a lot more to this story than is being told

Local residents repeatedly brought this guy to the attention of local LE's and the media and were told it was "much ado about nothing", and told they were being "judgmental and bigoted" for judging him over his weird clothes, culture etc. They reported strange behavior and even stranger convos with him. Others reported that he invited them to ISIS support meetings in Seattle.

He was seen more than once hanging out on the local railroad tracks - the same ones that will be bringing oil in about a year or so. He was seen around the county courthouse, and PUD substations. I wonder why? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Each time those reporting were either blown off, or made to feel like they were some kind of bigot.

I had a couple of eyebrow raising encounters with him as well via my job. Can't say what at the moment, but I'll post more in the coming days.

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Thanks to all the folks who stepped up despite redicule.
    Reading into the article, he's been under surveillance for a while.

coastal steelheader likes this.
  3. coastal steelheader

Not sure how long for sure, but his antics have been reported for two to possibly three years. Finally someone got somebodies attention.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Shank him, quickly.

5. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

I have the feeling that the ONLY reason they finally decided
    to look into this azzclown's activities is because
    somebody mentioned GUNS!!

>report him for recruiting for ISIS?... you're too judgmental
    >report ISIS supporter frequently hanging around railroad tracks?...you're a bigot
    >report him frequently hanging around the county courthouse...you're annoying
    BUT...after 3 long years of being told to go hump yourself..?

>Just mention guns...and there's a Months-long, multi-state, multi-jurisdictional, full-on undercover investigational operation, and big media headlines.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  6. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

What happened to telling, if someone is acting strangely? You would think that the local LE would look at a little closer.

7. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

If they were looking into it and said so, word could get out.

8. NWPROJECTS

NWPROJECTS Camano Island New Member

Thats the problem with Grays Harbor County, local LE there is a joke.. they dont take crime and their profession serious, just milk the clock and collect a paycheck! I lived in that county several years back and had 2 men attempt to break in to my home while my wife and kids and I sleep, I had to hold the 2 men at gunpoint for 55 mins until the (un-armed) county animal control officer could show up in his dog catcher pick-up, and take a report, only to let them both go free.. Go figure that one!
    Glad to hear they got that terrorist wanna-be off the streets, for now, sounds like all they really have on him right now is unlawful possesion of firearms?? Hopefully they get more charges on him considering what he was ultimately planning and talked about doing.

9. Fordcragar

Wow, that would be reason enough to leave. It seems like all that they do now is write a report. I think that they just give tickets in Seattle for burglary now.

10. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Personally I would have taken him up on the invite for a isis support meeting.
    With as much ammo stuffed mags as I can carry.

One of you said it, only reason he was looked at was because of the guns, they figured maybe we can attack a gun holder. If not no matter what he did they would be afraid the aclu or some BS organization protecting muslims would show up crying about people being racist or infringing on his rights.
    Even though he's a dirtbag terrorist in the waiting.

coastal steelheader and Stomper like this.
  11. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And of course he had machine guns, and it doesn't mention how he obtained those firearms unless they were all bought through the undercover agent.
    If so, they again sold guns to a mental criminal,
    If not then how did he get them?
    Did he buy them through an ffl, and the wack BCG laws not work?
    Or did he circumvent the laws, thus making them not work?

Stomper likes this.
  12. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

But I thought gun laws worked. :rolleyes:

Tin foil hat: He probably got them through the government, government says "this is an opportunity to cause panic for more gun control," and bam they discover someone with illegal guns. Add person wanting to help ISIS=More panic for gun control.

No tin foil hat: Just a bad person doing what a bad person does. Break the law to potentially harm innocent people.

clearconscience and Stomper like this.
  13. coastal steelheader

He didn't actually have the machine guns, the feds did. He believed he was helping to sell presumably stolen firearms, and he repeatedly asked to buy one or more. During a trip with the undercover agent he fired one or more full auto rifles that the feds used as bait.

kilimanjaro and clearconscience like this.
  14. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Skagit County Well-Known Member

So were the local cops supposed to tell you that they were working on the issue, then you go and shoot your mouth off to the suspect? Blab it around town that some ISIS wannabe is being surveilled?

Well, your Barney Fife there had an undercover FBI agent move into a house nearby and befriend this guy. Find out if he's part of a group, who he's talking to, is it just one idiot or is it a pack? Get inside his house, is he making bombs or anything? Got a room with a locked door?

Get him with weapons, get multiple counts of felon in possession, not in one session, but several, so his lawyer can't say he was set up. Get multiple statements about making terror attacks.

Take you time with it to make sure this guy is just a lone nutbag and not with a group.

Sounds to me like the cops got on this and did the job right. Find out who he is, who his buddies are, and get multiple counts on him so you put him away for a long time.

Barney did good.

rick benjamin likes this.
  15. coastal steelheader

People were reporting problems with this guy long before cops bothered to take notice

16. Fordcragar

coastal steelheader likes this.
  17. coastal steelheader