JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

You guys are gonna pillory me, but I think she has some reasonable points. First of all, mental health is one of the key reasons people end up in prisons (usually for profit businesses). Secondly, the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world and has had so for a number of years and nothing is changing. As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So it seems to me that investing in mental health issues instead of paying for more prisons makes sense. After all, we are the people paying the tab for prisons. Wouldn't it be better to invest in something that at least offered a chance of people getting better? Because prisons don't do that - they do the opposite and we pay for it.

I'll now don my armor and put up the invisible fence as you good folks deride me. HA
Most criminals aren't mentally ill. They are evil. Satanic. The only answer is to hang them or lock them up indefinitely.

Liberals will keep digging us deeper.

Interesting observation from a young (early 30s) relative just a couple of nights ago. He was over for dinner, and had spent the holiday weekend with his woman outside Eugene at a camp ground/cabin resort/whatever. Yurts, teepees and such. Said it was great, nice people, good food, quiet at night. Overall a great time.

They went into Eugene during the day, and stayed for drinks one night. He said it was astounding how much worse than Portland it was. (!?!) More tents and bums. More bad activity. They live in Portland, 23rd to be precise. I quote:

"Areas of Portland are a bubblegum show, but I've never actually seen anyone shooting up on the street. Walking around I looked and realized I was seeing a guy, sitting in a car, putting a needle in his arm!"

I told him about hearing a while ago, on OPB (of course!), how the PDX response team was going to be modeled after the Very Successful And Effective organization that had been Working Well for in years in... Eugene.

We laughed.
Tesla boy is working hard on neural implants. The new drug (smartphones) will then be fully exploited. Yay!

The addicts are the problem. Locking them away is tempting. If you gave them free heroin would they voluntarily sign their rights/freedom away? Probably, they gave it away already when they started chasing the dragon. Give them whatever they want and DNR on any overdoses.

It's a dream come true for them, but it is cruel.

Honestly in the long run I don't see how it could turn out well for the addicts, but it's not turning out exactly great for them now.

Once someone is addicted, they've rewired their CNS. It becomes very hard to deal with the modified human the addict has become.

Can they get a pass out? To supervised minimum security?

Freedom comes into play here. At what point is it forfeit?

AOC is the mascot for a subculture of triggered headline reading morons who are even dumber than she is. Most of her SJW fanbase has no clue what the 13th or the 19th Amendment of the US Constitution are, much less the Bill of Rights. AOC would never have been elected in any other epoch and is barely competent enough to manage an Orange Julius.

Last Edited:

AOC has the solution to violent crime - stop building prisons.

I think her capacity for stupidity is boundless.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top