JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There will always be psychos out there. Even if the anti-gun groups got their way, these types of events would still happen. Just think about Boston, but I don't see the President standing at a podium at the White House with weeping victims of the bombing attack calling for controls on bomb making equipment like pressure cookers. The reason? It doesn't fit their plans - gun control, not actual protection of people from bad guys. In this case, it's not much fodder for them because no one got hurt. This happened yesterday and by last night, it was already buried several stories back in the news. What does that tell you? The anti-gun folks are only happy to use this when people get killed, otherwise, it doesn't make their point that these weapons cause massive casualties. If anything, he hurt their case by not causing the level of destruction the anti's so desperately hope to see.

While in another part of the country, an elderly man saves the life of his wife and himself by shooting and killing an escaped convict. That's the kind of news we need to focus on. Reminding the folks that for every bad event involving a gun, there are even more positive events where guns are used to save and protect.

I used to be very pro civil rights for blacks many years ago. Not any more, they have squandered away whatever goodwill they once had IMO. It is a damn shame but they have no one else to blame but themselves today. I am torn for writing this but the idealistic world of the 60's no longer holds water today. The Asian and other people who were discriminated against have progressed where the Blacks have regressed. Call me raciest but I have personally overcome more than a lot of Blacks have.

I watched ABC news tonight they never even mentioned the shooting. It was covered briefly by KATU. Not one word about a foreign national being gunned down by bored teenagers.

The statistics for crime by race aren't a "black" problem. The problem is with a culture that a small but significant percentage of black people, along with many hispanic, latino, and white people, have bought into. For lack of a better term, it's basically a "thug culture". It's a culture of egocentricity, assessment of personal value based on physically possessed material assets, and projecting fear through demonstration of willingness to be more violent than the next man. When someone from any race buys into this culture, things get ugly. What Jackson, Sharpton, Obama, etc should be doing if they want to help change the circumstance for black people is to find ways to cut out this cancer. Whether they want to acknowledge it or not, people are making a choice whether or not to adopt this way of being. It's not accurate to say that somebody who kills somebody else "for the fun of it", or for street cred, "is a good kid". On the contrary, those kids had a choice, and they chose evil.

Again, it's not race. It's culture. One is a way that you're born, one is a way that you choose to be. Any time somebody makes a choice, they lose the ability to play the victim card.

What Jackson, Sharpton, Obama, etc should be doing if they want to help change the circumstance for black people is to find ways to cut out this cancer.

There's too much money to be made by them by keeping the flames of "racism" fanned and stoked. They are no better than the slave trustees/formen that ratted out their fellow slaves, and were oftentimes more cruel to their fellow slaves than their masters ever were.

That "culture" of "cannibalism" was fostered by slave owners to keep their slaves under control. It was an effective means for "the few" to keep "the many" in bondage, and it only cost them a few extra rations, a nicer bed, nicer clothing, and less physical labor for the few "turncoats" among the slave population willing to sell out.

It's still a prevalent mindset among Black Americans, and Jesse and Al are the modern day "trustees/foremen" of today. They'll have much to answer for... someday.

What Jackson, Sharpton, Obama, etc should be doing if they want to help change the circumstance for black people is to find ways to cut out this cancer.

The problem with that is if they did cure the cancer they'd be out of business Talking about Jackson and Sharpton. They'd have to go out and find a new line
Of work

You know, 5 or so years ago Obama had the opportunity to defuse a lot of this garbage. When the intiviewer asked: "Well what do you consider yourself? Black? or White?" Remember that question?

If Obama wanted a quiet, race free, presidency he only needed to answer "I consider myself an American"... But, instead he saw a political advantage to answer: "I consider myself Black." and by so doing, push race right back into the picture.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top