JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm 6'1" and weight about 220. I can wear XL shirts and look good but I worry about printing too. I solved that problem by converting everything I wear to XXL. I carry IWB at about 4:00, Glock 19. During the winter I always have a hoodie or jacket on so that's an extra layer of hiding.

One of the biggest reasons I carry a Glock is because of the built-in, internal safeties and no external safety or hammer to get caught on clothing.

Those holsters that you carry the gun in your crotch region are the ones that scare me. :eek: I suppose they could make undies out of Kevlar to solve that but need I point out the stigma yellow undies would have!

A way around all this stuff is to do what I do..

I walk out of my home each day wearing an African robe...underneath I have a nice comfortable Full IPSC rig, with 20 round hicap holsters attached everywhere...All ammo is reloaded hollow points filled with mercury in a wax solution......Two shotgun bandoleers cross my chest with a 12 ga. shotgun hanging over one shoulder..I have two snubby 357s on each ankle...a kabar taped to each fore arm...and.two NAA .22s are in both orifices with retrieval strings...

The good news is that nothing is pointed at my balls when I roll down the street...

Yeah I had a friend (a stupid one) that carried in the front. He shot a .357 down his leg through the thigh, down his knee, and pretty much destroyed his shin bone. But after several surgeries he has a new shin "bone".

If I carry in front to conceal better I don't chamber it. It's hard for me to conceal and I'm always hot so wearing sweatshirts, jackets, etc just doesn't work.

Use a belly band and the right weapon. A Kahr CW9 is the best carry I've seen. With a belly band, you could wear a wife beater, put the band on, put the pistol on your strong side with slide top facing forward, and have 2 or three mags. Put a button down over top. I would use a snap button instead so you can pull it open easy. I made a modified version of one of these:

http://www.specgear.com/Truss.html

Also, an ankle holster with a Keltec 32 works great. A spare mag for that on the other leg.

If you wear cargo pants, you can make something fit in one side leg pocket and put mags in the other. Just make sure your weapon is light enough and fabric thick enough. Using a solid flexible piece of plastic between the holster/gun and the outside part of the pocket will keep it from printing. It also will add rigidity to the pocket wall for a metal holster clip. Think about the weight and holster bouncing when you walk or run. Making something form fitting out of foam rubber would be good too. Especially if you texture it like a cellphone to print through :)

This reminds me of the gun from the movie, Desperado:

300px-Desp-Cod.jpg

Playboy, if you're worried about CC after you blow off your twig n' berries, you have a back up:

73867859v7_350x350_Front.jpg

Hip carry (IWB) works for me.. If I have an accidental discahrge, God forbid, I won't lose any private parts. As far as printing, do what I did and end your fears, buy a vest. The vest is your best friend and can be worn on all occasions. In the 1930s, many men wore a vest to work or to supper.

You can wear a vest in the sahara dest at 120F heat, you can wear a vest in -30F using a nice fleece or thermal material. Vests are elegant, vests are rugged.

Best of all, vests eliminate any fear of printing. In Oregon, you can wear a thicker vest for most times of year. they are so incognito in this state, I see people wearing vests all the time.

In winter/fall youcan get away with almost any type of vest. In summer, I think wearing a light weight vest with lots of pockets, that makes you look more outdoorsy or sporty is good. I am right now going to do shopping for my late Spring/Summer vest.

I plan on carrying my big .45 with me all summer and don't want to resort to just pocket carry. They do make some real lightweight vests that blend well with short sleeve shirts and shorts.

Use your imagination.. Here are some ideas I am having about good vests for summer time:
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

I personally like these safari vests.. I saw many people wearing them in Africa, when it was like 90F plus 90% humidity out.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...y_CampCo_HMV_VS_OD_XS_Safari_Photo_Vest_.html

http://www.savemoresportstore.ca/images/general-apparel/vests/OutbackVest.jpg

<broken link removed>

http://s.stpost.com/eccStoreFront/product_images/1498J/t_1498J_1.jpg

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

:D Best of All: :D
the_big_lebowski32.jpg

I went one size up on shirts, more comfy and I can use "I carry" for an excuse when the GF would like me to dress a little sharper. I carry a 3 oclock as I don't ever want to put my boys in danger.

The NRA store sells some great leather vests that have pockets made specifically for concealed carry. Pockets on both sides, inside the vest.

As far as printing is concerned, you have to learn not to make it obvious you are packing. Its natural to keep checking that holster and gun and that is the thing that will attract attention to your carry weapon.

Also not allowing the arms to swing naturally. Keeping one arm at your gun side protecting the weapon.

Police will notice this behavior and know you have a weapon. So you must learn to walk like you don't have a care in the world and no weapon.

I carry a kel-tec P3AT 380 in my front pocket in a Galco leather holster and I forget its there. I try to never touch it when in public and act/walk like I would if unarmed.

If people see something on your belt or in your pocket they can't tell if its a wallet, a specialized tool, a cell phone or something else. We are our own worst enemy since our minds make us think everyone is looking at the gun when we first start carrying concealed.

After you carry for a few years you will not even think about it anymore and it will become a natural thing to do when you head out of the house.

Vests have made my life easier.. I just cannot see with my body type, how I could truly conceal a full size 4.5" barrel S&W M&P 45.. With a vest it obscures it.. Carrying my .45 has been a breeze. I carry it everywhere and nobody yet has said, "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE A GUN". And believe me , some people I have been with, all alone in a room, are totally anti-gunnish people. The only problem is my gun is quite heavy and my pants fall down a bit on that side. NOt noticaeable, I just pull my pants up on both sides when it happens or wear the belt bit tight. Not a big deal as my pants don't fall down too much, never exposing the gun.

To avoid attracting suspicion, I generally check both sides of my body when touching my firearm. I will never just touch my right side, I will touch both sides. I make that a habit. If people see you rubbing both sides of your shirt instead of one side, they will not think, oh he is checking for his gun.. Remember, you are generally more paranoid then most people around you.

Not sure about the loose arm thing. Hope I am not giving myself away. The .45 is bulky. However, the position I have it located, the beavertail and rear sights protrude in a way that does not obstruct or alter the movement of my arms. I do have a wide build which may help a little bit. Also I have my gun canted in my holster at around a 45-60 (guessing) degree angle so the butt is adjacent and touching my waist. I know what good posture is and I just walk with shoulders up and chest out and arms swinging.

I have a good holster that essentially results in my gun being attached to my body. Leather paddle holsters are a must for IWB hip carry, IMO.. I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur which is very comfortable and works well.

My gun goes a little in front of my hip. This way if I bend down, nobody see my gun. If I sit down, the gun is not jabbing me and the back of the seat. I don't let it go too far in front of my hip or else my walking is hindered. With my body type, behind the back was just out of the question. ANytime I bend down, there my pistol grip was bulging out.

BTW.. I will not have any gun pointing at my private places, no thanks.

I went one size up on shirts, more comfy and I can use "I carry" for an excuse when the GF would like me to dress a little sharper. I carry a 3 oclock as I don't ever want to put my boys in danger.

+1. 4:00 for me. Just caught a good sale on a bunch of new polo shirts and T-shirts and went one size big. Also have to wear pants one size big for IWB.

Another tip is to get a good quality wide belt for your holster, at least a 1.5" width.

I actually bought a nice one in black at Coastal Farm recently. It will hold you holster and pants up just fine and does not draw attention to your weapon.

The big honkin brass buckles that some folks wear with the NRA symbol is a magnet for the eyes to go to the belt. Not the best way to keep things private, in my opinion.

Forgot to point out - when I bought a size bigger pants, and stuffed the IWB in there, it naturally made my shirts "tighter" and they printed. One size bigger on the shirts fixes that. Also helps with OWB.

+1. 4:00 for me. Just caught a good sale on a bunch of new polo shirts and T-shirts and went one size big. Also have to wear pants one size big for IWB.

Good point, I did step up the pant size as well as I carry IWB. Carry consealed has more advantages than most will know. Cloths are more comfy when you do it right, I would dress this way even if I didn't carry! I still dress well/look good. One size up isn't a big deal for the gain you get.

I can totally relate to the "insecure feeling" of carrying with the barrel of your weapon pointed at a tender spot.

Intellectually, I am aware that a modern, quality weapon in a holster that covers the trigger guard is not going to spontaneously fire. That awareness doesnt make the insecurity go away.

Same deal with cocked 'n locked 1911's. I know they are safe to carry that way, but I cant bring myself to do it.

For me the solution is simple; I am right handed and I carry in the small of my back at 6:00 in a left-handed holster. No matter what I am carrying, the barrel is pointed straight down at my butt-crack. And I stick to DAO weapons only for concealed carry...either a J-frame snub, a Glock, or a Kel-Tec.

After i got my CHL and started carrying i became aware of how my body language had changed. I was always checking my shirt, holster position and walking with my left arm limp as if i was trying to protect it guess. At 5'-10" 175lbs and not a gangsta, i wear clothes that fit me, so i was looking into an IWB at about 10:30-11:00 (lefty). While i was doing the research i just got comfortable with my G-19 at 8:30. Some people have noticed when i reach for something in a store or bend down to pick something up. No problems though :s0155: Let us know how that setup works for you PBP.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top