JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's really strange.

A Hi-Viz sight stands up nicely to the recoil of a 30-30, don't you doubt that! That's a pretty practical front sight. Not sure the rest of the rifle is practical, though....

Quality must've improved in the last few years. I ran one of their front sights on a Glock 17 for a while and had issues with the light pipe breaking. It was super visible in all but dark dark - But for my tastes it was a bit fragile.

<broken link removed>

just get the $250ish foregrip from this shop and turn your $250-350 Marlin lever into a tactical lever that looks FAR FAR FAR FAR better than the M4 stocked abomination OR cough up the $1900ish to do the COMPLETE package as shown with your Marlin.
grizzly_custom_guns_tactical_marlin_1894_package_picatinny_rail_forend_scout_1.jpg

<broken link removed>

just get the $250ish foregrip from this shop and turn your $250-350 Marlin lever into a tactical lever that looks FAR FAR FAR FAR better than the M4 stocked abomination OR cough up the $1900ish to do the COMPLETE package as shown with your Marlin.
grizzly_custom_guns_tactical_marlin_1894_package_picatinny_rail_forend_scout_1.jpg

That right there is one SWEEEET looking 30-30. The Mossberg on the other, not so much!!

Yea, this one above actually isn't much worse than a tactical pump shotgun... Just because it's an old design doesn't mean it has to be basically useless. I don't know much about lever guns, but I presume it's a fairly reliable platform... perhaps more so, and certainly less expensive, than many semi-auto platforms in similar calibers. So there's always that. How much worse can this be than that Ruger .308 scout thing (which I actually sort of like)?

ETA - Let me emphasize, though- I'd still say there's probably a good 100 better options, regardless of what your need/use is. And the one in the OP.... holy crap, please put it out of its misery.

BKB0000; the lever action is one of the most reliable actions; given care. there are some that are utter crap, and others that are more sensitive to care...the Marlin and Winchester, as well as Henry lines are pretty much reputably reliable...for the used ones. heard something about newer Marlins sicne 2007 having less QC since being bought by Remington..but I wouldn;t know, I don't buy new so far. the Ruger Gunsite Scout is a pretty nice gun....I think the Lever Scout configurations are better suited for the brush...ans the nice thing is that they come in a wide variety of ammos...like the venerable 30-30, .44 mag, .444 ,45-70, 30-40, 30-03, .22LR, .45 long colt, .308 Marlin Express with the hornady soft tips, and for the Savage 99s and BLR, .308 and .300 Savage.... it is said that the russian 7.62x39 has similar ballistics to the .30-30 cartridge, and if people can kill with the Russian ammo just fine, I have NO doubt that the .30-30 is a fine cartridge for the purpose of self defense..though the .44+ cartridges are also quite dandy for big things...especially the .45-70 lol this is also a nice thing to have in places such as California, Cook COunty Illinois, NYC maybe.... unless its banned there as well >.> simply, it is a tactical option for those who are unable to get an un-neutered AR or AK <.<

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top