JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saying a bolt gun is a sniper rifle is like saying that bat in your truck is a weapon.
They just ain't till used for such
A guy here claim he can shoot 2 miles at targets,nothing else. Doesn't even hunt.
Doesn't make him a sniper does it?
Spin doctors will spin though won't they?

They don't get, they don't want to get it, they don't care if they're right or wrong. They only care about control - control over us. And that is exactly why I am, and will remain, a single issue voter - at least until these uneducated power-hungry baboons learn to simply leave me, and my rights, the f'ing hell alone. :mad:

A sniping rifle is a rifle used by a sniper.

A sniper is, by definition, a trained military marksman and intelligence-gathering asset.

I used to train part of the British Army and Royal Marines sniping course in certain applications, as I'm sure your counterparts are similarly trained, and know whereof I speak. Look up what a military sniper has to do to gain his MOS/recognition and compare that with what ANY civilian marksman has to do to be called a marksman. Even in the military there are better-than-average shooters who are NOT entitled to be called snipers. They ARE called 'designated marksmen'.

A trained police marksman is NOT a sniper - he is a counter-terrorist marksman.

No civilian, no matter what he or she calls themselves, is a sniper.

Ergo, any civilian rifle used for sharpshooting or counter-terrorism can rightly be called a sharpshooting rifle or even a counter-terrorism rifle, but it cannot be called a sniping rifle.

Sure, anybody can replicate the appearance of a sniping rifle of most kinds, but unless it is used in that role by a trained sniper, it ain't no sniping rifle.

tac

Last Edited:
I won't say liberals but anti-gunners really have a mental issue. They are dangerous people because they can't seem to separate the idea of gun ownership and killing people. Adding, they also have this issue of categorizing everything. This gun is for this only. That gun is for that, only. But that rationale seems to stop at the criminalization(?) of fun use. There's hundreds of millions of guns but not hundreds of millions of gun deaths. That alone should be a clue but seems to allude the Anti's. They can't get passed the fact that "assault" is an actions "sniping" is an action. Maybe if we referred to AR15s as Defense Rifles and Ruger 10/22 as Family Rifles.

We also need to acknowledge their dangerous life practices and for their own best interest eliminate their need to get high (for the kids), drive killer German Automobiles (after all, who needs a Porsche/Audi/Benz) when a much safer Ford Focus is all they legally need to get from point A to point B. Life is not to be enjoyed apparently.

Well I can tell you what it ain't.
And on to bigger things , so what if someone owns a real deal no bullsh!t , 100 % G.I. issue , there I was , I can hit the flea of a dogs back at 1000 yards "Sniper Rifle."
Any gun is no better that the man using it.
No damn gun of any type is more dangerous , than any other.
Last time I checked , dead is dead . Doesn't matter what you were shot with.
Andy

Another thing.
In various units while in the Army I served as a Sniper.
I and many other men did our job and did it well.
It really gets me angry with the criminal connotations that the media puts to the word sniper.
Andy

a "sniper rifle" is the same thing as an "assault rifle"....

edit to add...

See where this is going? They dont want to take away your hunting rifle...

Last Edited:
I was going to upload an animated GIF that is perfect for this thread.
I've uploaded to an image host, but, it appears they will not display correctly.

That must be a forum bug. I do not see it in my text window. Likely the cause--->

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nothing more then the next faze of rhetoric against guns! Singeing out a certain classification of skills and applying it to a tool simply shows a total lack of intelligence on the part of those who wish to remove all firearms! There is no such thing as a "Sniper Rifle" My .22 Savage MK-II can be used to great effect as such by one trained specifically for that task, in any one else's hands, it's just a small accurate rifle! The hunting of another human implies a very specific set of rules that must be followed to the letter, so labeling something and or someone not a part of the Military is completely wrong on many levels, and is a disservice to those chosen to carry out that mission, and to live with that them selves alone!!! No one "likes" the term "Sniper" and what that represents, Until they find them selves in need of some one with those skills and trained in those deadly arts! STOP ATTACKING THE DAMN GUNS!!! Start working on the people will evil in their hearts and minds!

A sniping rifle is a rifle used by a sniper.

A sniper is, by definition, a trained military marksman and intelligence-gathering asset.

I used to train part of the British Army and Royal Marines sniping course in certain applications, as I'm sure your counterparts are similarly trained, and know whereof I speak. Look up what a military sniper has to do to gain his MOS/recognition and compare that with what ANY civilian marksman has to do to be called a marksman. Even in the military there are better-than-average shooters who are NOT entitled to be called snipers. They ARE called 'designated marksmen'.

A trained police marksman is NOT a sniper - he is a counter-terrorist marksman.

No civilian, no matter what he or she calls themselves, is a sniper.

Ergo, any civilian rifle used for sharpshooting or counter-terrorism can rightly be called a sharpshooting rifle or even a counter-terrorism rifle, but it cannot be called a sniping rifle.

Sure, anybody can replicate the appearance of a sniping rifle of most kinds, but unless it is used in that role by a trained sniper, it ain't no sniping rifle.

tac

Good luck with that argument. Anti-gunners will blow it all off. Never try to define something as precisely as you just did. They don't give a turkey.
;)

Every snot nosed punk that plays Call of Duty knows that anything with a scope on it is a de facto sniper gun.. and that it gives extra hit-points to their fluffy neck beards.
yo

After Bloody Brown is done making "scary" guns illegal, she will start in on "sniper" rifles and "high powered" scopes. This is just your preview unless she is stopped and we straighten out the state legislature. Brown is a paranoid nut case who is afraid of the citizens. I've seen her melt down in an ad years ago when she was running for a different office. She's as stable as nitroglycerine on a carnival ride in the middle of August.

Oregon will be lucky to have legal black powder rifles in ten years.

Unfortunately, Dave, you are 100% correct! The Truth is what these people say it is, and no amount of conversation is going to change that! They make stuff up to support the version they believe, do zero research, and claim loudly that Their Facts, Their Truth is Gods own word, and the unwashed sheeple need to be told loudly and often how much better things will be when we submit to control!!!

upload_2016-8-16_20-15-7.png

This was used by a 'counter-sniper; in a German 'kinda' police unit by a trained military sniper.

Now it's just a nice old gun, boys, 'cos I sure ain't no sniper.

This is me and pal Ig last Sunday after everybody else had gone home but five of us...

upload_2016-8-16_20-18-3.png

And this is getting all serious at the 100m fly shoot three years ago Boxing Day [the day after Christmas Day]. One shot at 100m - hit or miss.

upload_2016-8-16_20-20-26.png

I missed.

tac

SNIPER

: a person who shoots at another person from a hidden place
  • The soldiers were attacked by a sniper.
— often used before another noun
  • a sniper attack
Has nothing to do with any type of gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads