JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On vacation in Smith River, California, at the beach one summer.

A hummingbird was ruling the backyard of the house we were staying in; chasing off all other birds-- and he kept landing on the top of a bent plant stalk in between catching mosquitoes.

I snapped his picture just as he landed, using a 200mm Nikon f2.8 lens.

My avatar is a photograph I took in about 1974 (sumer between sophomore and junior years in high school) about a 1/2 mile from my dads house. Right above a place called Selah Springs where in the early 1900's water from an Artesian well was bottled and sold all over the world.

The person in the photo is a friend (at the time) who I asked to walk up a grade in a plowed field until he was at the crest of the hill (from my point of view) I then asked him to raise his arms as if he was asking the Universe something like "WHAT THE HELL" in the original photo there are two very gray wispy clouds to his right which help to balance out the composition (wouldn't work when reduced to fit here). The original negative is somewhere this was produced from a print made at the time and scanned to become a digital file.

It seams to fit how I was feeling at the time

I liked that photo the first moment I saw it, Mark. Great shot!

I start to get confused with all of the call signs and avatars (common AK's and AR's seem to be a theme).

Since I just added 13 to the end of my name I thought I'd go for a more identifiable avatar.

I figured no one would have a big purple pic and the skull is to help me maintain my self image as a tough guy to offset the purple - nah I like purple actually.

Mostly I looked at random skulls until I said, "ooo! Shiny!".

We all thought 13 was your age..... tehe

My avatars change from time to time when the caveman gets bored. This current one is one of the most epic fishing encounter ever. It was the only fish caught all day on the Humptulips river at Stevens creek. A 16# bright coho hooked inside the mouth with 8# test line....
Caveman fed the entire clan with that fish...

My avatar changes occasionally too, but this Star of David with "Gun Owner" on it is a parallel comparison of what the facist nazis did to the Jews in WWII to the tactics being used by the facist-progressive-liberal-statist schmucks (of today) towards gun owners.

INDENTIFY-DEMONIZE-ISOLATE-EXTERMINATE

The MAJOR difference is, THIS "undesirable" will NOT register his guns, nor surrender his guns, nor stand in any state bread line, nor be loaded into a cattle car for "relocation and reeducation".

Last Edited:
My alter-ego continually devises elaborate schemes to chase something just beyond his grasp. Invariably, he staggers out of a smoking pile of broken machinery, a foot tall, opening and closing like an accordion. When he looks directly into my eyes with that trademark disgusted grimace on his charred face, I know he'll never quit trying.

Mine is of course a character from The Watchmen - Rorschach (Walter Joseph Kovacs).

Rorschach has little faith in humanity and sees the world in black and white, refusing to compromise.

While I don't always refuse to compromise in day to day life, I do strongly believe in a set of principles which I base my life on, and I seek the truth. I am a strong believer in putting the truth out there and letting the chips fall where they may accordingly rather than hedge the truth.

I don't agree with his prudish or extreme right wing views, but I do admire his willingness to fight and sacrifice for what he thinks is right.

I have little faith in people in general. I think humans are generally stupid, foolish, lazy, selfish, corrupt, power hungry and all too willing to impose their will on others.

That said, as long as a person does not harm another person or otherwise infringe on their rights, I am a strong believer in individual liberty and freedom.

My avatar is actually me wearing my Portland Bolt Company baseball hat. I'm inordinately proud of Portland by proxy, since I wasn't actually born within 6000 miles of the place, but mrs tac and me love it like we were born under the Burnside Bridge. We feel totally at home there, every time we go.

We have dear friends there that just make it better and better on every visit.

But then, we have dear friends all over Oregon - side to side and top to bottom.

Everything you could ever want in just one state.

tac

My brothers gave me the nickname of pakrat 45 yrs ago and it stuck. Been working as a machinist for the last 13 yrs so when I found my avatar it just sorta fit.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads