JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have some silicon gun socks that use in my smaller safe to keep my firearms from being damaged. It does a pretty good job. There is no A/C power in my small safe so I some white battery powered LED lights around the safe door and use a rechargeable dehumidifier.

Saw a sale on an upgraded Liberty Centurion 24, called the local store and they are closing in 1 hour due to the virus shut down.

I told them to bill me for it and schedule it when they can - so they are offering me free delivery once they open back up.

I put off buying a safe for 17 years, always wanted another gun instead, now once I decide to pull the trigger... Oh well.

I could have picked up a safe at Costco today for the same price. However, I want to support local business. The Centurion is made in the USA, while the Costco one is a Chinese.

I am doing my part, helping local stores and buying American made.
I have a Liberty Centurion and like it a lot. For the price point, you can't beat Liberty. It is packed full and I need to buy another safe and am looking at Bulldog Tuff Safes in Warren Oregon. Only a few minutes from me. They have quite a variety of first class safes (Residential Storage Containers and safes).

The only things that I don't like about the Liberty that I bought is the thickness of the steel and be sure to check the paint. The door on my safe started to rust and I found that it is very thin. The rest of the safe paint is fine. One of the male cats marked his territory on the front of the safe and it ate the paint down to bare metal, but only on the door. I had to sand it down and repaint it.

Look the paint job over before accepting it. There was also some places around the hinges inside that didn't get painted. It must of been a bad day for the paint crew - a Monday morning or Friday afternoon. I have never heard of a Liberty with this problem, so you will probably be good to go.

Look the paint job over before accepting it. There was also some places around the hinges inside that didn't get painted.

Will do. It was a good price for sure, $799 out the door with Flex, SecuRam E-Lock, 3-Spoke handle, and interior door panel. Never seen a Centurion with a 3-spoke handle before.

THinking of using my stimulus check as part of the cost of this gun safe:

View attachment 674277

I am also thinking that maybe I might have some spare room for TP.
This is what I want to do. My biggest holdback is moisture and light. Need to figure out some dehumidifiers that can run on solar power! :D

But in the meantime, I'm looking at a Libertt safe as well. One of their extreme possibly. Still debating between two small or one big. Kind of afraid of it falling through the old floors in our cabin.

This is what I want to do. My biggest holdback is moisture and light. Need to figure out some dehumidifiers that can run on solar power! :D

But in the meantime, I'm looking at a Libertt safe as well. One of their extreme possibly. Still debating between two small or one big. Kind of afraid of it falling through the old floors in our cabin.

I have battery powered LED lights for my none A/C safe and I use rechargeable dehumidifier as well. But doesn't Liberty safes already have A/C hookup?

LED SMD Safe Light Kit System Cannon Liberty Sentry Stack On

Also got a motion sensor that detects when I open the safe door.

12 Volt Motion Sensor

I use New and Improved Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BD0FN8A/ref=psdc_267557011_t1_B000H0XFCS

A boat is that hole in the water into which your pour money.
A safe is that black hole in the garage where everything inside "didn't cost that much."
I would never try boating in a safe, but I would put my guns in a boat.

One thing I learned in the USCG is that anything that doesn't float is much more likely to be dropped overboard, never to be seen again.

I have battery powered LED lights for my none A/C safe and I use rechargeable dehumidifier as well. But doesn't Liberty safes already have A/C hookup?

LED SMD Safe Light Kit System Cannon Liberty Sentry Stack On

Also got a motion sensor that detects when I open the safe door.

12 Volt Motion Sensor

I use New and Improved Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BD0FN8A/ref=psdc_267557011_t1_B000H0XFCS
Eva-dry dehumidifiers are nice. I have two small ones for general use like the car and a large one for the safe.

I also bought 14 lbs of "Dry and Dry" silica gel desiccant (small pellets) indicator type and made my own dehumidifiers for the safe. Just take a clear cylindrical container and drill small holes in the lid. Fill with desiccant and dry out in oven in glass pan when the pellets turn from blue to clear. It takes a few hours at 250 degrees F. They have been in my safe from the beginning and no rust. Smaller containers can be placed in your ammo cans. They last for months before turning clear. Amazon may still carry "Dry and Dry."

I also have a hygrometer and temp gauge inside the safe with a remote readout on top. Worth the money to be able to glance at the readout without having to open the safe. No Golden-Rod heater yet, but thinking about it.

Last Edited:
Some Liberty safes come with power access, the higher end ones. I added power to mine for a dehumidifier (using a Peet) and LED's around the door. And an Eva Dry or two... For good measure during rainy season.

No moisture issues and were going on 3 or 4 years now, in the garage... :D

The Liberty Centurion does have a port at the back for an electric cord. It took me around 10 years to find it since it was on the back and the safe was 2" from the wall. We had to move it for renovations to our entertainment/gun/former two car garage room. I laughed when I saw it.:)

I put off buying a safe for 17 years, always wanted another gun instead,

This was me for years. Then I bought a safe. Then I went for years without insurance on my guns. Now I have that. Insurance is probably of more use than a safe, but I'm guessing most insurance companies that write these policies want you to have the safe before they will issue the policy.

Insurance is good for more than simple theft; fire is the next more oft involved threat. Or maybe first, I don't know for sure but up there. Water damage is another possibility. Downright loss, like you left it somewhere, don't know where. Maybe that's called suspicious disappearance. Or you were loading your car, forgot one that was leaning against the vehicle and you backed over it. Or it blew up at the range. The two different carriers I've had for gun insurance had zero deductibles. The company I have now also (for an extra fee) covers ammunition and reloading supplies and equipment. My previous carrier said ammunition was a consumable. I disagreed, it was only consumed at the time it was used, prior to that, it was a supply. That is one of several reasons they no longer insure my guns.

This was me for years. Then I bought a safe. Then I went for years without insurance on my guns. Now I have that. Insurance is probably of more use than a safe, but I'm guessing most insurance companies that write these policies want you to have the safe before they will issue the policy.

Insurance is good for more than simple theft; fire is the next more oft involved threat. Or maybe first, I don't know for sure but up there. Water damage is another possibility. Downright loss, like you left it somewhere, don't know where. Maybe that's called suspicious disappearance. Or you were loading your car, forgot one that was leaning against the vehicle and you backed over it. Or it blew up at the range. The two different carriers I've had for gun insurance had zero deductibles. The company I have now also (for an extra fee) covers ammunition and reloading supplies and equipment. My previous carrier said ammunition was a consumable. I disagreed, it was only consumed at the time it was used, prior to that, it was a supply. That is one of several reasons they no longer insure my guns.
Did you have to get an appraisal of your guns? I have this problem with anyone knowing what I have, but do like the idea of insurance. I have not added up the value of my collection, but it is significant.

Did you have to get an appraisal of your guns? I have this problem with anyone knowing what I have, but do like the idea of insurance. I have not added up the value of my collection, but it is significant.

Not up to a certain value, I think in my case it was $75K and I didn't hit that. I've since sold a number of guns; I will have to re-evaluate my coverage for the coming year when the policy renews.

My previous insurer did require an itemized list but not an appraisal. I didn't have much objection to this on the basis of security, but on the basis of nuisance. Every so often, I'd have to reckon up changes in my holdings and so advise the insurer.

I am thinking a safe within the container, maybe some long guns along the walls, or shelves or both. I think most or all of the long guns will be within a silicon sleeve, maybe within a reusable Z-Corr type bag. I have a real problem with moisture up here.

Great idea on the container. I'm getting moist! Wife hates when I say that every time its raining outside. LOL

Why would you want to pay for a safe? I read about people in the headlines getting free safes all the time. "Lost child found safe, Missing hiker found safe, Man with dementia found safe...etc". Sheesh.
Haha!!

Stoked: The company where I bought my safe from is able to operate since they also install/repair/sell fireplaces. Their fireplace service is keeping them open through the closure. They are going to drop off the safe on their way back from a fireplace job they have Friday.

Stoked: The company where I bought my safe from is able to operate since they also install/repair/sell fireplaces. Their fireplace service is keeping them open through the closure. They are going to drop off the safe on their way back from a fireplace job they have Friday.
Safe companies are also considered essential services as they provide security for firearms.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top