Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by WillMunny, Nov 8, 2010.

1. WillMunny

WillMunny NE Portland Active Member

My 83 year-old father gave me a couple guns yesterday, just wanted to share. This is a 1952 Wingmaster 870 12ga which was given to my Grandad by my Grandma many years ago. It bagged more than one trophy for him - can still see him by the old red Chevy stepside with a big buck on the tailgate. :thumbup:

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!
    I too, treasure my family heirloom firearms. I have guns from my father and great grandfather.

3. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

not to sound harsh but that 870 is worth alot of $ in California.

a ton of people are doing AOW boomsticks but are only allowed on C&R shotungs before 50 years.

seems that AOW is the only thing allowed in Commiefornia.

4. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

Me too.

That's really cool that you were able to get that gun. I recently received my Grandfather's 12 GA. I spent many weekends as a kid hanging out in a duck boat behind some netting in Tillamook Bay. Watched Grandpa bag alot of birds with that gun. Holds alot of memories.

Good for you.

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Nice looking shotgun.

I have my grandfather's old hunting rifle - somehow, he made due with one gun his whole life. The thing got passed/borrowed between him and his brothers like it was just another tool out on loan. I wouldn't part with it for anything.

6. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

you'll never go wrong with a nice old shotgun.i love my simple double barrel rossi.

7. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Howdy, Will,

I have that gun's twin brother. Mine made in 1954. Inherited from my uncle.
    Many memories I hold of me and him chasing Bandtailed Pigeons all over the coast range with that 870.

He also before he died, handed me his original Springfield '03, said, "Go kill somethin' with it before I die." (He was fighting leukemia.)

Here's the result. Montana State record, 2004. A flood of tears from me that day.

Uncle Lester got to see the mount before he passed.

There is no earthly value to be placed on these guns. Thanks for showing us.