JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got the urge for a new toy but moneys are little tight right now. So I decided get something cheap - a Lonewolf 9mm conversion for my Glock 20.

And I must say I'm impressed. Really nice to shoot, recoil is negligable. Accuracy is as usual - the gun is better than me. On the first outing I shot Win whitebox and a box Blazer both 124 grain which is what LW reccomends. (Didn't think of bringing 115 grain. Which I will do next time). I was also using the recommended 11Lbs recoil spring.

I had 2 FTEs, was just because of limp-wristing. Other than that it was functioning flawless. And that was with 20 rds in a G20 mag +2 rd extension + 1 = 21 rds. Pretty awesome.

So now I can shoot 10mm, .40, 9mm and probably .380 from the same gun, swapping calibers just in a few seconds. This would be my perfect SHTF gun. I could probably add .357 Sig and 9x25 Dillon as well just for fun. And a 9" barrels :)

I never mix the two but decided to make an exception just for the photo op.

Cheers & Happy New Year!

G209G3.jpg

G209G3.jpg

Last Edited:
It's nice to be able to shoot a little cheaper with 9mm as well. I was about to do the same thing with a g22 but then found a screaming deal on a brand new g17 so went that route. Congrats!

Got the urge for a new toy but moneys are little tight right now. So I decided get something cheap - a Lonewolf 9mm conversion for my Glock 20.

And I must say I'm impressed. Really nice to shoot, recoil is negligable. Accuracy is as usual - the gun is better than me. On the first outing I shot Win whitebox and a box Blazer both 124 grain which is what LW reccomends. (Didn't think of bringing 115 grain. Which I will do next time). I was also using the recommended 11Lbs recoil spring.

I had 2 FTEs, was just because of limp-wristing. Other than that it was functioning flawless. And that was with 20 rds in a G20 mag +2 rd extension + 1 = 21 rds. Pretty awesome.

So now I can shoot 10mm, .40, 9mm and probably .380 from the same gun, swapping calibers just in a few seconds. This would be my perfect SHTF gun. I could probably add .357 Sig and 9x25 Dillon as well just for fun. And a 9" barrels :)

I never mix the two but decided to make an exception just for the photo op.

Cheers & Happy New Year!

View attachment 270855

Is the Pliny still hard to find ? Its been a while since I had one :)

Good choice on the conversion barrel. I love mine. As you suggested, I also have the 40sw barrel and a lone wolf 45 slide with a threaded barrel. It's quite the kit.

I will say, as you did, if there is any limp wristing, it can induce failures. Keep a solid grip and it will work for you. I have used several hundred of my weak 115gr 9mm reloads and it works great.

Is the Pliny still hard to find ? Its been a while since I had one :)

Both the Pliny & the Pig come straight from the source. Not hard to find there just expensive $5 - $6 a bottle. I'm not denying it's a premium IPA, but still. They have done a good job of marketing. It's funny though, last time I was fishing up on the Kenai in Alaska I kept wondering where the heck brewery was :)

Good choice on the conversion barrel. I love mine. As you suggested, I also have the 40sw barrel and a lone wolf 45 slide with a threaded barrel. It's quite the kit.
Yea, I'm really happy about it. I was at the PDX guns how for the first time in maybe four years last week just to get a guide rod that I forgot when I ordered my barrel. And LW actually do complete Glockoffs now and they had stand there with the slides, different style frames and barrels. If money hadn't been short I'd picked up a long slide in a hear beat.

A while back, Lone Wolf had a deal where if you ordered a slide, you could get a barrel of your choice for free. I took the opportunity to get a 45 slide with a black threaded barrel. It's one of my favorites.

Just tried UMC 115gr and it was a no-go, FTE on every round ;-(. Maybe it needs to be some hotter 115gr or I need to get a non effemitive wrist makeover. I'll bring a vise next, just for reference.

Have a .40 for my G20. I've ran about 100 rounds through it. Since I reload 10mm, .40 doesn't really make much sense for me. I only keep it in case of shtf. I Might get one for my 29 also, just in case of shtf ;-). Too bad LW don't makes 9s for the 29 any more. For plinking / reduced recool practice the 9 makes much more sense, at least for me.

One of these days, I might get a 9x25 Dillon, just for fun and because my wife's maiden name is Dillon and she doesn't like guns:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top