JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My buddy and I just got back from the 1911 Armorer/Operatior class at Cerberus, and figured I'd share my experience. This was a 2 day class, though based on the things taught, could have easily been longer!

The first day was the Armorer portion. We spent a solid 8 hours with a 1911 and inspecting, smoothing, filing, and lubing everything. Steve (the instructor) is incredibly knowledgeable on the platform, and the result was a massive improvement in my understanding of how a 1911 works!

Additionally, I ended up getting a fantastic amount of instruction and assistance on how to adjust just about everything in the gun. Included in this is a pretty fantastic trigger job, extractor tuning, and barrel timing. I brought an old Rock Island 1911 and a 80% build that I'd completed and both firearms ended up being 2x as great when I left! If you have any interest in a better running 1911 (and the understanding of how to do it), this is definitely a class for you!

Day 2 was a 'run the gun' component on the range. The class was customized to my friend and I, so it ended up being a 'combat' focused shooting day. We concentrated on drawing from a holster, fast reloading, and accurate, fast shooting. While it sounds pretty basic, the constant feedback from Steve as well as the practice drills improved my comfort and performance throughout the techniques.

I've been shooting quite regularly for 15 years and ended up being a significantly better shooter than I started out as. I left with many drills that I can run on my own, which I also believe will be of great benefit to me!

In the end, I am a much better shooter than I was before. I understand my platform much better, and left with the ability to tune and diagnose it way better than before. I look forward to getting back out to learn even more from Steve!

Awesome! I am glad to see some one doing 1911 tuning and tweaking as well as practical run and gun with this classic iconic fighting pistol, from some one who knows the game well! I would love to take this class some time, I am always learning more about my beloved 1911's from building them to shooting and enjoying them!

Awesome! I am glad to see some one doing 1911 tuning and tweaking as well as practical run and gun with this classic iconic fighting pistol, from some one who knows the game well! I would love to take this class some time, I am always learning more about my beloved 1911's from building them to shooting and enjoying them!
Lol for some reason I shoot my Kimber 1911 tac ll . better than all my other hand guns.
MMMMMMMM .no wonder the gun has been around and used for 100 years

Lol for some reason I shoot my Kimber 1911 tac ll . better than all my other hand guns.
MMMMMMMM .no wonder the gun has been around and used for 100 years

IDK, Could be the 1911 was the best fighting pistol ever designed and only us Kool Kats know it!:D
I cant even hit the ground with my Block unless I drop it!:p:p:p

IDK, Could be the 1911 was the best fighting pistol ever designed and only us Kool Kats know it!:D
I cant even hit the ground with my Block unless I drop it!:p:p:p
It kinda big heavy and don't hold a lot of ammo.
But I can hit what I aim at .
And if the bad guy still has life left in him after 8 or 10 rounds.
Mmmmmmm .I can always beat him to death with the gun .it's the same as a framing hammer

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top