Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just to get things started.......

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by mr1911, Aug 9, 2008.

1. mr1911

mr1911 Oregon New Member

Who owns a classic Rem 870 for self deffense or competition?
    And what mods have you done to it if any?

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Funny you should mention it, I'm thinking of making one my next purchase. Gun Broker sells them new for $329 with the 18" barrel, synthetic stock, and extended tube. Any idea if that's a decent price?

My brother bought a Colt M4 last month that came with a cheap red dot. He didn't want it and he's the type that if he doesn't want something he'll take just about anything for it, so I offered him $10. No idea what it's worth, but I now own a pretty nice little SightX red dot and I'd like to find a way to mount it on the 870 when I get one :D

3. mr1911

mr1911 Oregon New Member

I got my 18" self defense at bi-mart for about 260 or 280?, that was on sale just before the recent price jump, I think their price is now in the low 300. range.

Midway has some mounts for 870s as well as many other online shooting supply stores.

4. oregonlaw76

oregonlaw76 Oregon Member

Have a Rem 870, 14" barrel, rifle sights, coll. stock, side saddle, surefire light... love it, wouldn't have anything else for home defense....

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Damn, I probably wouldn't have any luck getting that price now then, would I? :(

6. Joe Link

Oooh, 14" :D

7. mr1911

mr1911 Oregon New Member

Do you have the tax stamp for that 14" or just a hacksaw?:confused:, sounds like a super cool home deffense gun.

8. Joe Link

Pretty sure that's a tax stamp gun.

9. Oohrah

Oohrah NorthwestSouthern Oregon Coast Member

I have a 870 Mag Wingmaster that I bought in the early
    60s with a plain full choke. Replaced the barrel with a ribbed
    3" chambered with multiple choke tubes new one. Also a 20"
    barrel that seldom gets used.

10. transformerguru

transformerguru Lebanon, Beaver State USA Member

got my wife an 870 for Christmas a couple years back. She loves it and can shoot the hell outta trap.