JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That maybe you should set a post limit on threads to 50 post. Most people can't read many post without getting bored or just can't take the time to read long threads. So maybe having them comic book size will make it all better.:s0140:

No offence Jim, but if that happens what we will get is threads that start with:

Continuation of previous thread. (Link)

Those of us who have been to sites that have used this rule know what happens. Someone always wants to have one more thing to say after the limit. And since maybe 2 people see it end at the same time, we then have 2 continuation threads from an original thread.

On really long threads I will usually end up reading the first page or two and the last page or two. It's not usually a problem though since I check in daily and only read the ones that interest me.

elsie

Just thinking about it, not really asking for a rule. I do notice even in some post they get so long I won't read it all. It's my old age showing.:D

Just thinking about it, not really asking for a rule. I do notice even in some post they get so long I won't read it all. It's my old age showing.:D

I am the same way. My time is precious. Depending on how much time I have, I will do like elsie does, read the first few posts and maybe the last page or two.

I understand your idea, but I don't think it will end up working out like you hope. We all know that a good amount of people don't like to follow rules on the internet unless someone makes them.

My problem with long threads, (and short memory?), is that i will forget what the topic of the thread was exactly. The thread topic is NOT in subsequent posts on a thread. Sometimes threads go a little off topic, which I don't personally mind, so when I get on to read I don't remember what the thread topic is sometimes.

I didn't read any of the posts, Just the thread title. But I still feel like I should be able to jump in and tell everyone how stupid they are and how dumb some other thing is that has nothing to do with anything anyone has said so far and then never look at this thread again even though I caused everything to go off on a tangent for 6 pages.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top