JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No,really guys,:D imagine when a politicion lies to you about gun control he has to answer by honor. Meaning stand up for your lies and face the people in a duel that you lied to. :s0045: do you think a politician would ever lie again knowing he had to stand for his honor or die. Honor is long gone in politicians but it would be great to hold them accountable again. Think you could use one of them old single shot black powder guns in a duel of honor? The fine craftsmanship and the wood far beyond that used today to settle an honor fight over lies told to you? What caliber would you want?
Actually I think cleaning house in Washington by these means and starting over would change the lying ways of politicians.
You know,1 part at a time so someone was still running the government.
Then clean house with the lobbyists the same way.
Might get them to start telling what their real intentions are
I think you are on the right track,but lets just take the whole 'duel' part out

Not into the wholesale destruction of the government because we do have the finest system in the world. We do need to stop the corruption that a person swears an oath to the constitution to protect your gun rights and then goes after your guns. When he puts out a new law he should be challenged on the honor of his oath of office. He should have to stand before the people he lied to and face a challenge of honor. Odds are the politicians wouldnt be as corrupt if they could be held accountable.

Hey if the muslims have honor killings then why shouldn't we?

Not the government,just the players
Unless it was done on an almost wholesale level,you would never get rid of corruption.
As soon as a fresh face comes in,they pounce on them to meet the lobbyists.
Then the money flows and the fresh face is corrupt.
Or you put in such a small percentage of good guys,when they speak out nobody believes them anyway
Only one way to change it. And I would never condone it because the chance of getting something worse is in the mix
But it can never be done by trying to vote new blood in every 3 years or so

Politicions get away with corruption because they are not held accountable, sb941 is a perfect example. An assault on our property rights, gun rights and our constitution on how laws are made yet who was drug out of their office and thrown into jail? We have a loss of honor in the country, all those sheriff's and cops sworn to uphold our constitution and all those procecutors should have thrown people in jail for the assault on our gun rights and property rights.

An oath taken but not upheld is a lie, we need to find some way to bring honor back into government.

Well sharks don't eat their own kind and who is going to hold them accountable?
They are lawyers,mostly, and what lawyer will try them ,knowing losing would be the end of their career?
Almost impossible to hold them accountable.
Just like the recalls y'all are trying in Oregon. If the recall doesn't work,now that politition knows he's untouchable
WE have let this go WAY too long. It will take a miracle to bring the government back to the people
I am not disagreeing with you in your cause,just saying it will take some time to realize it

Seems like some really big assumptions have to be made for any of this to work...

Dueling has never been compulsory, at least not in any Western culture I'm familiar with. So simply legalizing dueling isn't going to change anyone's behavior.

I'm also under the impression that even in the 18th century (1700s), in places where there was no express prohibition against it, it was extremely rare. It's not like we had people out in the fields or streets lined up every Saturday morning to settle every petty disagreement. It pretty much never actually happened. Over here, those few famously documented accounts we've all read about in American history are actually pretty much the only ones that happened.

Putting both of these problems together... Very few would ever challenge, and probably only a fraction of a fraction would actually accept anyone's challenge. So I don't see this as any kind of effective social control.

I'm also having a hard time wrapping my mind around a few of you gentlemen's reference to "honor," as though standing in front of someone with a pistol pointed at you achieves that......? How exactly is that honorable? If someone said "lets both shoot at each other until one of us dies, because I have a grudge against you," I'd be without honor by declining? Someone humor me, please...

Seems like some really big assumptions have to be made for any of this to work...

Dueling has never been compulsory, at least not in any Western culture I'm familiar with. So simply legalizing dueling isn't going to change anyone's behavior.

I'm also under the impression that even in the 18th century (1700s), in places where there was no express prohibition against it, it was extremely rare. It's not like we had people out in the fields or streets lined up every Saturday morning to settle every petty disagreement. It pretty much never actually happened. Over here, those few famously documented accounts we've all read about in American history are actually pretty much the only ones that happened.

Putting both of these problems together... Very few would ever challenge, and probably only a fraction of a fraction would actually accept anyone's challenge. So I don't see this as any kind of effective social control.

I'm also having a hard time wrapping my mind around a few of you gentlemen's reference to "honor," as though standing in front of someone with a pistol pointed at you achieves that......? How exactly is that honorable? If someone said "lets both shoot at each other until one of us dies, because I have a grudge against you," I'd be without honor by declining? Someone humor me, please...

Honor: If the information I have is correct; only 3% of the colonial population fought against the British during our revolution. Crispus Attucks (a runaway slave) was one of the first Americans killed. So, some honorable have faced a duel; with or without a F/A.

You're correct in many ways (if not, all); there is some honor out there, and with a high degree of magnitude, but not a enough of the "run of the mill" type honor..(like working for a living, self-sufficiency, and voting).

There is a great deal of honor left in this country, honorable people from every state step up to sacrifice their lives in defending this country. It's a shame our politicians don't honor their sacrifice, the country and our laws.

Problem is even when we know these people break the law or lie to cover up their greed/corruption nothing happens to them.
Ie. clinton on benghazi or using private email servers, lerner on targeting certain groups through the IRS, you could go on and on.

Problem is even when we know these people break the law or lie to cover up their greed/corruption nothing happens to them.
Ie. clinton on benghazi or using private email servers, lerner on targeting certain groups through the IRS, you could go on and on.

That is what we get when people with no honor control law enforcement...

Ben, you have the most AMAZING talent for coming into a fun "fantasy thread" and dropping a huge, steamy Duce right smack in the middle of it!

:s0112:

Ben, you have the most AMAZING talent for coming into a fun "fantasy thread" and dropping a huge, steamy Duce right smack in the middle of it!

:s0112:

If I thought it was truly just fantasy, I wouldnt have even posted.. but a lot of guys around here GENUINELY seem to think subtracting the last 300 years of human progress is a good idea.

LOL, but you still got to read it because I quoted him, yes? Or does it even block out a quote by someone you haven't blocked? o_O

It's great, I have no idea what he says but it does tell me all who post:D. His post don't even come up on quote.... life is good.:)

Now back to our regular gun discussion. Still none of you guys say the caliber of single shot you would prefure:D. Would you want flintlock or cap and ball? Give the duel some class :D.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top