JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Everyone,

We (I) hail to you from an undetermined location of either SW Washington or NW Oregon as my wife and I are winding up for our great move. My research to find our perfect next home brought me here.

My wife and I enjoy all the shooting sports but I am particularly fond of bench rest competition shooting, and to be honest having not actually competed yet I don't know which particular style I will like best. I do know however that I love shooting 1000 for fun but will most likely be most interested in 600 for competition.

I am excited to join this community if only for the information sharing of shooters alike. However as we migrate our living situation I am excited to get more involved in any of the local events to promote and enhance the gun culture. If only to educate the uninterested to a point that their disinterest in guns isn't a detriment to my hobby! For example I am certified NRA RSO and simply having the credentials has comforted people I have met along the way enough to come to the range and let me show them the right way, not the propaganda they have been being fed. This has been done with much success. My favorite part of this exercise is knowing there is one less negative vote on the ballot for ridiculous measures that do nothing to remove guns from the hands of the wrong people.

If you haven't guessed it yet, I am trying to get away from CA. I am sorry folks, I am just being honest. I have family in Washington and have lived in the state myself when I first tried to defect from CA in 99' but because of multiple reasons I was forced to return until now. I believe whole heartedly my heart has always been in Oregon or Washington but life wasn't ready for me to be that far from family yet. It pains us greatly that we have to leave the area tomorrow! This week has been amazing up here.

Camas / Washougal have been our WA interest and Newberg / Sherwood (Wine country'sh) has been our OR interest. Both my wife and I are fortunate to be remote workers for our jobs now so being close to the major city for daily life is unnecessary. Pursuing our hobbies and quality of life is, so we and our dogs are most happy with some workable property. We are likely to end up with a small farm if things go as planned!

Any insight is greatly appreciated and if you so choose you won't be the first to tell us to stay in CA!

Cheers!

Determined or Undetermined location is just fine, like minded guys and gals have a safe place to mingle and encourage one another towards the complete firearm collection. For some it's always just one more firearm on top of what they own.

Welcome to the forum,

Greetings program!

-You all might look at Linn County as well. Nice range just south of Albany-ARPC. Value is pretty decent at the moment. Depends on how close you want to be to Portland though. If you want closer to Portland, then yeah Newberg-ish might suit you all better.

Us, we're fine with being far from P town, but want close enough to fly out of, for convenience sake.

Welcome. I move down out here from the east coast. About 4 miles outside of D.C. and I really like it. I'm about 45 min from Portland, and the same from Salem. Lots to see and do. My wife and I want to get some land and pretty much go off grid when we can, but that's not right now.
There's a club and range not too far from me that has it set up to shoot like you were saying. Here's a link: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
I went out there for my CC class. Pretty nice place, but I couldn't afford the membership at the time. (Can't now either! :D) But it might be up your alley.
Lots of pretty property out here too. Wish you the best in finding something.

Welcome. I move down out here from the east coast. About 4 miles outside of D.C. and I really like it. I'm about 45 min from Portland, and the same from Salem. Lots to see and do. My wife and I want to get some land and pretty much go off grid when we can, but that's not right now.
There's a club and range not too far from me that has it set up to shoot like you were saying. Here's a link: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
I went out there for my CC class. Pretty nice place, but I couldn't afford the membership at the time. (Can't now either! :D) But it might be up your alley.
Lots of pretty property out here too. Wish you the best in finding something.

Missed that bit about distance shooting OP, apologies. DRRC is the only range around with decent distance. ARPC is supposedly going to do distance, but that'd be a few years out optimistically...

As more and more insane laws get approved in CA, I think we will see more like minded people moving here. I have family in SoCal, and I keep trying to tell them to leave. Having to serialize and register 80% lower and then get permission to build them may be the straw that breaks the camel's back and get them to move. We'll see.

Welcome to the forum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top