JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure why I am sharing this today as nothing in particular is going on. Just came across this video again by a fantastic artist. His death adds some irony to the song. As I get older and the holiday table gets smaller, memories become more powerful and tears come easier for good and bad. Please, let your family and friends know how much you love them, never pass up an opportunity to spend time together, and enjoy life. It is too short.

I tell that to my family when my nephew fights with his father.. one day boy, he aint going to be there any more and your going to regret all of this.

plus

jurassic-park-t-rex-mirror.jpg

here is another along the same theme that i liked, always reminded me of the time i could have spent with my dad and chose not to for various reasons and now i can not.

My brother always fought with my Dad. Who was about the sweetest guy ever, mellow, reserved
and non-confrontational. One week my brother was on Dad all the time, and as usual for no reason
I could ever see. It was harsh and ugly. My Dad remained quiet. Mom told me all this afterward.
I lived 600 hundred miles away. My brother was 15 months younger than myself. One morning
Dad got up, walked to the kitchen for morning coffee and was dead as he hit the ground. A massive
heart failure said the Doctor. I drove home to help. My brother realized his target all those years
was finally shot up, dead. He cried and cried. He said he wanted to apologize. It would have been
a first. My brother turned alcohol and tried to punch it out with vodka. Didn't work. He died a drunk.

here is another along the same theme that i liked, always reminded me of the time i could have spent with my dad and chose not to for various reasons and now i can not.
Good post. This song touches me also, but for the opposite reason. Always reminds me of the time that I could have spent with my kids when they were growing up, but didn't. Because...who the he11 knows? Now they are adults, and have their own lives, and I don't see them as much as I'd like to.

My brother always fought with my Dad. Who was about the sweetest guy ever, mellow, reserved
and non-confrontational. One week my brother was on Dad all the time, and as usual for no reason
I could ever see. It was harsh and ugly. My Dad remained quiet. Mom told me all this afterward.
I lived 600 hundred miles away. My brother was 15 months younger than myself. One morning
Dad got up, walked to the kitchen for morning coffee and was dead as he hit the ground. A massive
heart failure said the Doctor. I drove home to help. My brother realized his target all those years
was finally shot up, dead. He cried and cried. He said he wanted to apologize. It would have been
a first. My brother turned alcohol and tried to punch it out with vodka. Didn't work. He died a drunk.
Dam@, I'm sorry.

Good post. This song touches me also, but for the opposite reason. Always reminds me of the time that I could have spent with my kids when they were growing up, but didn't. Because...who the he11 knows? Now they are adults, and have their own lives, and I don't see them as much as I'd like to.
Do what you have to to turn this around. I wish you the best.

Do what you have to to turn this around. I wish you the best.
Thanks for the good wishes. We're in touch, and get together when we can, but our society seems to put distance between family members, as they follow job opportunities and so forth. I didn't realize how precious spending time with them when they were young was. I was more focused on putting food in their mouths, clothes on their back, a roof over their heads, and trying to earn enough for their college educations. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, and you don't get do-overs.

Thanks for the good wishes. We're in touch, and get together when we can, but our society seems to put distance between family members, as they follow job opportunities and so forth. I didn't realize how precious spending time with them when they were young was. I was more focused on putting food in their mouths, clothes on their back, a roof over their heads, and trying to earn enough for their college educations. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, and you don't get do-overs.
Agreed. Sadly, many men over the age of 50 or so were taught "working/providing for the family" was just about all that mattered. I could certainly make more, work more hours, etc., but nobody ever went to the grave "wishing for more time to work or do chores." Work is not life, but it is one way to help provide for life and stability; just not at the cost of everything else and what you are providing for. A work and life balance. There may be no do-overs, but you can take advantage of what you have today moving forward.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top