JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya, I saw the quote as well. He pretty much said he is going to do what he can without congress.

As an aside, in that same news conference Major Garret really button holed the POTUS on the debt ceiling issue. Barry looked like he wanted to kill Garret right then and there.

Severe ammunition and firearm background check taxes/fees maybe?

Congress controls the purse strings aka taxes. So I doubt a X.O. can do anything for that. What I'm hearing is that he does an X.O. to make federal agencies report information to NICS and strengthen BG checks that way.

He also can't do any ban on certain items because again X.O. can't legislate. Which is why he has taken a step back from his fiery rhetoric on an AWB. He knows that on a federal level its going to be very, very difficult for him to get it to pass through this congress.

I think most of us should be more concerned on a State level. If NY is anything to go by, its not too far-fetched that us "Blue States" could be in for a very rocky legislative session.

Assault magazines? The poor printed press is already under pressure with dwindling sales!

PS. Signing up for SAF life membership now. $150 and they'll need the cash to fight the legislative fight on our behalf!

Not sure what you mean since that IS in effect still......

Maybe he means they will completely cut off all imports - which would mean no more Glocks, HK's, Springfields, Rock Islands, Desert Eagles, CZ's - etc. Nothing allowed to be imported anymore. Guns would have to be entirely manufactured in the US - a potential boon for American gun makers - but a giant bust for importers. Same goes with ammo - I can see him trying to curtail ammo importation - there's already rumors floating around that all shipments of foreign ammo have been held up in customs. That fits with this line of reasoning.

Some makers would be less hurt than others - Glock makes gun in Georgia now, Sig makes guns in New Hampshire - but look at all the other imports gun lovers love and you could potentially kiss 'em goodbye.

I can see BO also trying to incorporate semi autos under the NFA through executive order. Not like there haven't been other Presidential Power Grabs in the last two decades.

The semi-auto ban and an all-out gun ban aren't off the table yet - BO & crew aren't giving up. They're already steering our economy straight for the rocks - why not make a gun grab and finish us off so that they can "rebuild" a new USA as they see fit? Anyone thinking along those lines will be called a fool by statists and trolls - and will continue to tow that line right up to the day that fedgoons start kicking in doors of known or suspected owners of "illegal" firearms.

Not sure what you mean since that IS in effect still......

My guess is he'll put something in effect that's already in effect...and then lo and behold something more important will come along for the media to jump on. Kinda like when you're interacting with your dog but then the doorbell rings--that's my take on the general public and the media.

Not hard to "ban" inportation of all ammo... kinda makes AKs and SKSs big paperweights. Sure, domestic production will pick up, but will never be the "low" price we have seen in years past.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top