Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just saw Obama on the news ABC 01/14/2013 "Executive Order" is coming next few days

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by netcarrier, Jan 14, 2013.

1. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi All,
    Obama stated that he git sign an "Executive Order" by end of Week or Month about Guns Control. Obama to meet with VP today. Here is a link for today Today With President Barack Obama

I think we need to get the ball rolling on this. Contact the State Department Maybe the News Any Ideas People.
    Tony Portand, Oregon Area

2. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Ya, I saw the quote as well. He pretty much said he is going to do what he can without congress.

As an aside, in that same news conference Major Garret really button holed the POTUS on the debt ceiling issue. Barry looked like he wanted to kill Garret right then and there.

3. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Don't worry...fd15k said he cant and want do that.

4. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

He can't ban "assault weapons" or "high capacity clips" ;) via executive orders.

5. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

We'll see what he tries. And what they let him?

6. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

I heard a reporter on the radio this morning refer to those as "assault magazines." At least he said magazine instead of clip.

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Severe ammunition and firearm background check taxes/fees maybe?

nwdrifter and (deleted member) like this.
  8. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Maybe James Yeager was right and the time to use them or loose them is drawing close.

9. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

Congress controls the purse strings aka taxes. So I doubt a X.O. can do anything for that. What I'm hearing is that he does an X.O. to make federal agencies report information to NICS and strengthen BG checks that way.

He also can't do any ban on certain items because again X.O. can't legislate. Which is why he has taken a step back from his fiery rhetoric on an AWB. He knows that on a federal level its going to be very, very difficult for him to get it to pass through this congress.

I think most of us should be more concerned on a State level. If NY is anything to go by, its not too far-fetched that us "Blue States" could be in for a very rocky legislative session.

10. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

Look for a major audit going back 10 years for Mr. Garret. He was told to stick to the script!

11. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I think he will go after imports under the sporting purposes clause. That would be the easiest as Bush 41 already did it in 89.

12. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

This is why I like Garret, and why the POTUS doesn't call on him often. This was probably his last question for Barry.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Debt Ceiling, budget issues, tied to firearm legislation at some point.

13. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Assault magazines? The poor printed press is already under pressure with dwindling sales!

PS. Signing up for SAF life membership now. $150 and they'll need the cash to fight the legislative fight on our behalf!

Sun195 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean since that IS in effect still......

15. mkwerx

Maybe he means they will completely cut off all imports - which would mean no more Glocks, HK's, Springfields, Rock Islands, Desert Eagles, CZ's - etc. Nothing allowed to be imported anymore. Guns would have to be entirely manufactured in the US - a potential boon for American gun makers - but a giant bust for importers. Same goes with ammo - I can see him trying to curtail ammo importation - there's already rumors floating around that all shipments of foreign ammo have been held up in customs. That fits with this line of reasoning.

Some makers would be less hurt than others - Glock makes gun in Georgia now, Sig makes guns in New Hampshire - but look at all the other imports gun lovers love and you could potentially kiss 'em goodbye.

I can see BO also trying to incorporate semi autos under the NFA through executive order. Not like there haven't been other Presidential Power Grabs in the last two decades.

The semi-auto ban and an all-out gun ban aren't off the table yet - BO & crew aren't giving up. They're already steering our economy straight for the rocks - why not make a gun grab and finish us off so that they can "rebuild" a new USA as they see fit? Anyone thinking along those lines will be called a fool by statists and trolls - and will continue to tow that line right up to the day that fedgoons start kicking in doors of known or suspected owners of "illegal" firearms.

16. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Aren't international gun sales a part of the UN proposal people have been talking about?

And by the way, glocks are only assembled in the US. Components from other places.

17. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

This is how most manufacturers of anything can skirt most anything Obama comes up with via executive order.

18. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

My guess is he'll put something in effect that's already in effect...and then lo and behold something more important will come along for the media to jump on. Kinda like when you're interacting with your dog but then the doorbell rings--that's my take on the general public and the media.

19. mkwerx

They have a plant in Smyrna pumping out us made glocks, its been in operation for a few years. Slides might still be Austrian, but frames have been made here for some time.

20. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

Not hard to "ban" inportation of all ammo... kinda makes AKs and SKSs big paperweights. Sure, domestic production will pick up, but will never be the "low" price we have seen in years past.