JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
can anyone suggest a good body shop?

Dodge Van.jpg

that's a'76 Dodge Van made of American steel

I once fired 20 rnd of 7,62x39 from 20 yrds in front of the van into the drives compartment

the cast iron 316 engine stopped most, the brake booster in front of the driver stopped 5, and 3 hit the angled steel dashboard and deflected up through the room

not a single round hit the drivers seat

AMERICAN MADE

I once fired 20 rnd of 7,62x39 from 20 yrds in front of the van into the drives compartment

the cast iron 316 engine stopped most, the brake booster in front of the driver stopped 5, and 3 hit the angled steel dashboard and deflected up through the room

AMERICAN MADE
sorry - 318 V8

318 was way better than a 4.7 or 5.7.

I never really went to Portland before moving to Oregon in 2015. After moving to Central Oregon I quickly learned to Avoid Portland.
Now that I moved away from Oregon I do everything in my power to avoid Portland. I also avoid any city with pop. over 100k, so there is that...

(the town I live near is under 500, and thats just fine with me)

AMERICAN MADE
You're supposed to aim for the glass.

You're supposed to aim for the glass.
that's 1970's vintage auto glass in an angled windshield

I know from experience 5.56 just deflect off it, cracking the glass, but not penetrating, 7.62x39 FMJ will penetrative at 20 yrds, but deflect off at unpredictable angles and still did not hit the drivers seat

7.62x54R will crack the engine block on a 318, and penetrate the windshield, but still defect into unpredictable angles through the old angled auto glass

we also have a 1989 Dodge mini van and 1997 Ford Taurus we have done penetration test on

not the same quality auto glass

steel core 7.62x54R is very unbalanced and easily tumbles once it hits a hard surface or even a water filled milk jug

yet 197 grn 8mm Mauser will hit the ground and burn a trough through the grass for over 50 yrds after hitting the ground at a shallow angle

don't lay in the grass if someone is shooting at you with a Mauser

Don't hid behind a tree if someone is shooting at you with a Mosin

have done a lot of shooting at and from vehicles and hard and soft targets out here

just for entertainment, you understand

that's 1970's vintage auto glass in an angled windshield

I know from experience 5.56 just deflect off it, cracking the glass, but not penetrating, 7.62x39 FMJ will penetrative at 20 yrds, but deflect off at unpredictable angles and still did not hit the drivers seat

7.62x54R will crack the engine block on a 318, and penetrate the windshield, but still defect into unpredictable angles through the old angled auto glass

we also have a 1989 Dodge mini van and 1997 Ford Taurus we have done penetration test on

not the same quality auto glass

steel core 7.62x54R is very unbalanced and easily tumbles once it hits a hard surface or even a water filled milk jug

yet 197 grn 8mm Mauser will hit the ground and burn a trough through the grass for over 50 yrds after hitting the ground at a shallow angle

don't lay in the grass if someone is shooting at you with a Mauser

Don't hid behind a tree if someone is shooting at you with a Mosin

have done a lot of shooting at and from vehicles and hard and soft targets out here

just for entertainment, you understand
That was a joke. Lighten up. But I appreciate the lecture. Very interesting information.

318 was way better than a 4.7 or 5.7.

I never really went to Portland before moving to Oregon in 2015. After moving to Central Oregon I quickly learned to Avoid Portland.
Now that I moved away from Oregon I do everything in my power to avoid Portland. I also avoid any city with pop. over 100k, so there is that...

(the town I live near is under 500, and thats just fine with me)
You do know, ALL 1960's to 1990's MOPAR LA series Small Block engines are the same, and all interchange ( with a few exceptions) Right?
The only significant differences being deck height, bore and stroke, and the heads on the later magnums, or the little 273 commando!
even the mightiest of all MOPAR small blocks, the 340 is the same as the regular LA series, and is interchangeable!
The 318 ( 5.3L) and the 360 (5.9L) share the exact same bore, but have a different stroke and deck height, but otherwise interchange!
Just as most MOPAR Big Blocks all interchange, even between the two R and RB series families, even the mighty Hemi will physically interchange with ether, with minor work! Just helping a feller out, not a lecture or nuffin! ;)

You do know, ALL 1960's to 1990's MOPAR LA series Small Block engines are the same, and all interchange ( with a few exceptions) Right?
The only significant differences being deck height, bore and stroke, and the heads on the later magnums, or the little 273 commando!
even the mightiest of all MOPAR small blocks, the 340 is the same as the regular LA series, and is interchangeable!
The 318 ( 5.3L) and the 360 (5.9L) share the exact same bore, but have a different stroke and deck height, but otherwise interchange!
Just as most MOPAR Big Blocks all interchange, even between the two R and RB series families, even the mighty Hemi will physically interchange with ether, with minor work! Just helping a feller out, not a lecture or nuffin! ;)
sound like the response from a MOPAR motor head to me

we have vehicles from Chrysler, Ford and GM out here on the property

I have a Holly 650 CFM double pumper carb with leather washers in the workshop

still have a running 1973 F100 with a big block 360 out here

but our new Chevy Colorado has a 300 HP V6 and this is still my favorite truck

but this is not a gear head forum - so I move on

That's some deluxe accommodations here in my part of town. You get an extra three months because the tires are trashed. Add three months if you can get garbage 3' deep all around it. See better see worse around. 🤷

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top