Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just returned from across the pond

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by orygunshooter, Apr 15, 2013.

1. orygunshooter

orygunshooter Eugene, OR New Member

Hey guys,

Just got back recently from a year-long deployment to Afghanistan with the Oregon Army National Guard. I am back finishing up my Bachelor's degree at the University of Oregon in Eugene. Wondering if there are any distance shooters out there? I will be getting into the 700-1000 yard shooting game very soon (working on my Accuracy Int'l setup now) and don't know of any places around here to shoot that far. I have been going up past McGowan Rifle club onto BLM land that was shown to me by a Weyerhaeuser 'patrolman' who redirects people off their land and onto BLM. Point is I know it's legal to shoot there but it's only 125yrds. Acceptable for my AR's, AKs, and handguns. But not for a .308 bolt gun. Anyway, if you're in the area and know of some legal spots to stretch out a bolt gun's legs, let me know.

I've lurked on this site for probably 4-5 years so I'm not new in that sense, but new as a member.

-orygunshooter

2. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

pm sent

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Welcome, and thanks for your service. Need to go east if you want those ranges.

4. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard:thumbup: