JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked my Sig 238 SAS from Willamette Valley Arms. He replaced the original equipment plastic trigger with one from the guy out in Tilamook that makes the stainless steel one's.

Even though he did nothing to the springs, just replaced the trigger, I find the trigger pull to be noticeably lighter and crisper.

He did say it was a real pain to install, but he did a great job. I am pleased. :)

... the pivot pins make it tricky to reassemble; did WVA say anything about lubing the sear/hammer contact point?
Could WVA test the trigger pull with a trigger pull device?

The trigger pull is supposed to be about 8lbs; not 5lbs as in the manual.
If the trigger feels lighter now, maybe the reassembly was a good thing after all, with that new ss trigger.

Nice update, thanks!!

... the pivot pins make it tricky to reassemble; did WVA say anything about lubing the sear/hammer contact point?
Could WVA test the trigger pull with a trigger pull device?

The trigger pull is supposed to be about 8lbs; not 5lbs as in the manual.
If the trigger feels lighter now, maybe the reassembly was a good thing after all, with that new ss trigger.

Nice update, thanks!!

He did say he "reset" the trigger, whatever that means. I don't know if he has a trigger pull gauge, but I would imagine he does. I just know that before the trigger pull felt like it was about 8 pounds, but now it feels closer to 5 to 5.5 pounds.

He didn't say anything about lubing the sear hammer contact point. He did say that when he updated the trigger on his stainless frame 238 HD, it was easier than on my pistol because he could heat the frame on his pistol which helped with installing the pins, but he couldn't on my alloy frame pistol, which made sense.

...hmmm; now that's some good info, about the method of reinstalling the pins; might explain/contributes to the new feel.

thanks.

Certainly, at 5-5.5lbs of trigger pull, that's gotta be a nice thing to do.

The Guy in tillamook has a how to video on YouTube for the trigger swap.
I plan to try doing it myself. Figure I can always take it to the Smith if I fail.
I find I learn a lot doing these mods. I sure did on my 22/45.
Jim

I swapped my P238 trigger with one made for the Colt Mustang. I purchased it from Brownell's for about $30. I thought it was a very simple process and had no issues with removing or reinstalling the pins...a small punch was all that was required.

I like the "drilled" look on solid triggers. Might try this with the stainless trigger I have on order. :D

Update: Can't really drill the triggers on the 238/938s as they have the round spring channel right up the center of the trigger.

Huh, I wish you'd posted this a while back! I very nearly bought one of the P238s from WVFA, but couldn't get used to the horrible stock trigger. Ended up picking up a different .380 instead. Might have to reconsider :)

Huh, I wish you'd posted this a while back! I very nearly bought one of the P238s from WVFA, but couldn't get used to the horrible stock trigger. Ended up picking up a different .380 instead. Might have to reconsider :)

I just got the 938 last month after waiting about 6 months on order..........but the same could be done on a 238 as the trigger systems seem pretty similar. But your results may vary.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top