JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I feel terrible about Sandy Hook and was literally and physically sickened by it. I have friends who live in Sandy Hook and they have kids in that school. What happened wrong and unfortunate and extremely horrific, but we simply cannot let the angry mobs reduce the 2nd amendment and our freedom to nothing.

There is no conversation, no coming together. There is an angry mob that wants a gun witch trial and want to move their agenda forward at warp speed. That agenda limits our rights and assumes we cannot run our own lives. I do not need Obama to reset or redesign my American as a gun free zone where bad guys get guns and law abiding, constitution supporting good guys are demonized. I want the old American back! I want less debt, more freedom, less government and I want the right to purchase, possess and use my gun freely and safely and not be demonized by gun hating mobs.

These two organizations are on the front lines of this fight and I am throwing my support (money) behind them. I am also going to write and email my representatives and make my voice known.

I know some do not like the NRA, but name another group who is willing to get out there and fight for our rights.

I renewed my NRA membership and joined OFF. You should too!

Well said Sir!

I rejoined the NRA after a 15 lay off, I do hope they don't use up my membership fee flooding my mailbox asking for more this time around

Joined Oregon Firearms Federation for the first time, had too, they are on the front lines doing several battles at once for us.

Add Gun Owners of America to your list.

These guys will fight. Look at the way their spokesman handed Piers Morgan his *** this week.

What specific achievements do they actually have ? Like I know Second Amendment Foundation got us wins in Supreme Court, Illinois and some others.

The original 1934 gun ban included bans on any mag over 10 rds. NRA got that removed, what did the rest of the organizations do at that time?

Oh, that's right, they didn't exist.

Consider that the NRA took a very ill-timed vacation last week. Meanwhile this guy from GOA was out there on national TV kicking this limey gun grabbing turd in the nuts. I'm sure you can check out their website and get a feel for their goals and accomplishments. For my dollar this video was worth a lifetime membership all by itself. Just my opinion. Give to all of them and while you're at it write a few simple letters to every Rep in your state. Something like: Hi, if you go along with further gun legislation you're done. I will personally see campaign in your district for anyone else. It won't matter who the opposition, only that you lose. Sincerely, X Citizen

Here's that video: Piers Morgan Schooled By Larry Pratt On Gun Control 2012 - YouTube

Consider that the NRA took a very ill-timed vacation last week. Meanwhile this guy from GOA was out there on national TV kicking this limey gun grabbing turd in the nuts. I'm sure you can check out their website and get a feel for their goals and accomplishments. For my dollar this video was worth a lifetime membership all by itself. Just my opinion. Give to all of them and while you're at it write a few simple letters to every Rep in your state. Something like: Hi, if you go along with further gun legislation you're done. I will personally see campaign in your district for anyone else. It won't matter who the opposition, only that you lose. Sincerely, X Citizen

Here's that video: Piers Morgan Schooled By Larry Pratt On Gun Control 2012 - YouTube

Talking on modern TV never accomplished anything useful. I want to know what bills GOA helped to author, what laws they fought in court, what innocent gun owners they defended from prosecution.

You know what - no group is perfect. I am throwing support and money at any group willing to take the fight on. The more the better.

That is actually a pretty silly approach. Take NRA and SAF for example. SAF had been working McDonald from the start, and had a very important line to work there. NRA jumped the wagon the last moment, and took away half of Gura's time at oral arguments. NRA can now claim a win in SCOTUS, but at what cost ?

fd15k, I relate to your skepticism. OFF is the org I trust the most. You'll have to investigate GOA yourself and decide, as with anything.

I throw them out as another option.

Here is some more information about NRA:

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. ... NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." —American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

"We think it's reasonable to support the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act. ... We think it's reasonable to expect full enforcement of federal firearms laws by the federal government. ... That's why we support Project Exile -- the fierce prosecution of federal gun laws...we think it's reasonable because it works. ... We only support what works and our list is proud."

—NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre
Congressional Testimony, May 27, 1999
Hearing Before 106th Congress
House of Representatives
Committee On The Judiciary
Subcommittee On Crime
First Session

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

I have not verified the source, but citations are provided from the third party sources, so should be easy to verify.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top