JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still finding it hard to find any .380 ammo, let alone this stuff. Even the ammo search engine doesn't turn up any suppliers. If you haven't seen this, by the way, it's pretty slick. Check it out here:

http://www.ammoengine.com/

I have about 12 boxes of the Hornady .380 Critical Defense FTX 90gr on the shelf. Yes it's been hard to find but it's slowly trickling through! $29.95/box is spendy yes, but my cost has gone through the roof!

I have about 12 boxes of the Hornady .380 Critical Defense FTX 90gr on the shelf. Yes it's been hard to find but it's slowly trickling through! $29.95/box is spendy yes, but my cost has gone through the roof!

I picked up two boxes of Hornady Critical Defense in 9mm at Sporty's in Clatskanie (Hwy 30 between Astoria and Longview Wa) three months ago for $22/box of 25. They still had all kinds of ammo in stock. It seems the further from P-town you get the more ammo becomes available.

I bought some Critical Defense .38 Special +P before the article about it in the latest issue (?) of American Rifleman came out because the stores were out of my normal ammo: Remington +P Hollow-point. Then I read the article, and was very impressed, especially with the part about hollow-points not mushrooming because the indent filled with cloth from clothing. One thing I read was that the recoil and sound was less with the CD, so I loaded my Colt. Det's Special (2" barrel) with both, alternating the rounds, and popped them off. I couldn't tell the difference, and neither could my BIL, who was standing right beside me. All rounds impacted within the human-torso area of the target (at 25 yards), and I noticed no difference in the 'spreads.'

By the way, NEVER count on being able to figure out what a bullet will do once it hits a human body. Having viewed autopsy photos on several hundred homicide cases, I can categorically state that it depends on the bullet caliber/type/speed/grains, size/musculature of the body, what part of the body is impacted (bones?) and at what angle, the phase of the moon, what you had to eat for dinner the night before, which political party is in office, the color of the victim's toothbrush, and many other factors too numerous to list...:) If I were worried about ballistic jell trying to assault me, I would pay closer attention to the germane test results, but if I can just hit an assailant in a critical area, I'm satisfied.

Max

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads