JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Taurus TX22. I bought it at BiMart for $250 plus taxes. Then waited for a very long time for my background check to come back. At present, I own a Browning Buckmark, a GSG 1911 in .22 and now this Taurus. The online reviews were very convincing. I've been trying to buy a KelTec P-17, but had no luck finding one in stock. A call to Kel Tec and a recitation of my need for said pistol elicited some nods and a couple of "we understands", but nothing that I could count on. Well, now I don't want one (unless I can find one while casually looking around a gun store.) My wife and I have a couple of Ruger 10/22's along with an armload of Butler Creek magazines. Both of us really enjoy the heck out of "plinking." Whenever we go shooting, I'm always reminded why I've never raised a hand to her, lied to her or tried on her clothes. She could shoot me on a dead run, even if I was zig-zagging. She's a terrific shot with a .22 and absolutely deadly with her .380 Ruger that she has named "Hillary."

Congrats on the new Taurus! I love BiMart. They've got everything you need. You can't beat their prices on automotive and marine batteries either.

You couldn't find a Kel-Tec so you bought a Taurus? Huh. Was buying a lousy gun your end game the whole time?

J/K! I hear the TX-22 is a really good firearm actually. :)

I'll be curious how it wears. There was a thread a while back where myself and another member posted pictures of the internals and mine was twice as worn at a third the use. Looking forward to updates!

I'll be curious how it wears. There was a thread a while back where myself and another member posted pictures of the internals and mine was twice as worn at a third the use. Looking forward to updates!
I see that Taurus is offering a limited lifetime warranty on the TX 22. So if excessive wear becomes an issue, I'll lean on that warranty.

These days, when I see a post like this that starts out with, "I got a new...", I have to stop and look up what they are talking about. Because I haven't heard of most newer designs. Like this Taurus .22 auto.

My sole, remaining .22 LR handgun is a Ruger Mark II with bull bbl. It'll have to do.

never raised a hand to her

Surest way to run most women off, and all the good ones. I can't imagine my striking a woman. But then again, you shouldn't have to if the kind of women you choose to pair off with is carefully done.

Nice purchase. Kel-Teks, by the way are usually hard to find until the dealers can no longer get crazy prices for them. :) They never seem to make enough of them at first. Also I've had good and bad experiences with QC on their products. I won't buy a gen 1 version from them anymore. Taurus has had their own challenges in that area but they seem to have righted the ship. I think you'll be happier with the TX22 than you would have with the P17.

These days, when I see a post like this that starts out with, "I got a new...", I have to stop and look up what they are talking about. Because I haven't heard of most newer designs. Like this Taurus .22 auto.

My sole, remaining .22 LR handgun is a Ruger Mark II with bull bbl. It'll have to do.

Surest way to run most women off, and all the good ones. I can't imagine my striking a woman. But then again, you shouldn't have to if the kind of women you choose to pair off with is carefully done.
53 years.

Nice purchase. Kel-Teks, by the way are usually hard to find until the dealers can no longer get crazy prices for them. :) They never seem to make enough of them at first. Also I've had good and bad experiences with QC on their products. I won't buy a gen 1 version from them anymore. Taurus has had their own challenges in that area but they seem to have righted the ship. I think you'll be happier with the TX22 than you would have with the P17.
After watching all the You Tube videos, I agree. That's what prompted me to go ahead with the purchase. However, I am a big fan of keltic and still carry my .380 in a belly band holster. I also have a PMR 30 that's just fun to shoot.

Interestingly the old phrase "rule of thumb" had to do with a law that a man couldn't use a stick that had a dimension greater than his thumb, to beat his wife.

Manual Safety. Well I went ahead and took a chance and headed over to Bi-Mart. Done! :D
Now the official wait starts....:(
Are you referencing the Mexican soccer player, Manual Safety? Glad you were able to pick one up. While I was there picking mine up, I noticed a Kimber in the case, so I asked Matt (the sales guy) about it an was quickly informed by a large man that HE was going to buy that gun. Oh, OK.

I am a registered Taurus hater.

This pistol has made me eat those words.:s0113:

Knowing that unfounded prejudices are not always accurate, I read all the reviews of this American-made pistol, saw how inexpensive they are, and I took the plunge. I bought the TX22, and I am completely pleased with this product.
:s0133:

Last Edited:
I am a registered Taurus hater.

Knowing that unfounded prejudices are not always accurate, I read all the reviews of this American-made pistol, saw how inexpensive they are, and I took the plunge. I bought the TX22, and I am completely pleased with this product.
:s0133:
Good for you! I was told that you're a High Point kind of guy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top