JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I consider a case deflector essential. It prevents your receiver from getting chopped up by ejecting cases and keeps the cases from flying 30 feet or more away.

A Stanag mount with Henzoldt FERO-Z military scope is a nice accessory. Because of the rather front-heaviness of the rifle in general, a light bipod is nice to use while shooting from prone. A carry handle is fairly useless, but looks cool. So does a Vortex flash hider. I have all of these on mine.

Whatever you choose, be prepared to spend money...you'll find that HK parts and accessories are some of the most expansive around.

Keith

6178429b-d200-17ea.jpg

Here is what I have to start with and am looking for a long range sniper scope any recommendation? Best bang for the buck? I am also looking to put on a Harris bipod.. So far loving this gun!

Anyone know any gun store around here that would have parts for a g3?

I don't think you will find one with very much around here HK rifles are not like the Ar15s which you can find tons of parts . you might call gun zone in clackamas as they are PTR and CETME retailers and they may have some stuff . There is some stuff at the expo gun show but usually pretty spendy . RTG , Gordon Miller, And Hkparts.net or scorpion arms, or blackmarketparts.com are your best sources but they are mail order . some places have accessories like stocks and scope mounts

what did you need?

also keep in mind if you start swopping out parts to make sure you stay within 922r compliance although i think that is NOT a issue with PTR as just about if not the whole rifle is US made but general information for anyone else with a different or older G3 clone to take note of.

But it can be uncomfortable to hold with a bi pod folded closed. I had one and i did not like it looked cool though

good point. i actually don't have a folding tripod (i just use the magazine as a monopod when necessary), but since my biggest objection to the platform is the weight, OP should take that into consideration when adding more mass to the gun.

I was going to go with a paddle release.. but I chose to stick with the button. My fingers are long enough to reach it pretty well.
I had an A3 stock.. but I'm saving that for a V51 build I'll do later. I decided to go with the stock tropical green furniture, a cheek riser, and both the low rail mount as well as a STANAG scope mount+scope. No bipod.. I've played with them and didn't really care to have one mounted.

Anyway, I was new to the PTR/C91/CETME game but learning very much everyday.
I really enjoy it.

try different ammo's. mine likes loves loves loves 168 grain winchester silvertip and 168 grain hornady. 3 shots in .75 inches at 189 yards. where lighter cheap milsurp ammo was 2 to 3 inch groups

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top