Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just ordered a Sig P938!

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mobil1, Jun 25, 2012.

1. mobil1

mobil1 Northwest Active Member

I just put my deposit on a new Sig P938 in either the Blackwood or Equinox, whichever I can get my hands on first. I've been waiting over 6 months for this gun to be released, so I'm pretty excited! Anyone get a chance to try one yet? I'd love to hear your experience with it and I'll surely post mine after I receive it.

Edit: And of course, I somehow missed the already huge thread on the P938. DOH!

2. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

How much was it? I have been thinking about doing the same.

3. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

:cool:

Looking forward to your 'it's arrived and alive' thread!

4. DRH

DRH Albany Member

I love my P238 but trying to decide whether or not to sell it and buy the P938. I would really prefer a 40 but my new shield is just not a pocket gun and the P938 is so close to the same size as he P238 it would fit in pocket just fine. The question I have is whether there is enough ballistics improvement in the 938 over the 238?

5. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

... arguments abound on the disparity between the .380 (9x17mm Kurtz) and the 9mm (9x19 Luger).

Certainly, any amount of lead- or lead free? - will ruin anyone's day.

Compare if you will, a 100gr .380 v a 124gr 9mm ...

6. mobil1

mobil1 Northwest Active Member

Honestly, I would of bought the P238 a long time ago and probably been more than happy with it, but I refuse to stock another handgun caliber. That's why when I saw they were releasing essentially the same handgun in 9mm, I fell in love. So for me, it's more about the ease of stockpiling than it is about ballistics.

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I'm with mobil1,on the extra caliber.Plus,why spend more money on a caliber with worse ballistics?
    380 is a fine caliber,some police use it in other countries.But it's way more expensive than 9mm,slower and has less energy

BTW coll little gun,but out of my price range for a 'cute' gun.