JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The anticipation is real. I'm getting everything ready to launch a big run of ammo. My buddy will also be using it to make some for himself. Told him he could use my equipment if he did the work to learn and make his own. My 550 is a fine machine, I'm sure this one will be worth the wait.

The anticipation is real. I'm getting everything ready to launch a big run of ammo. My buddy will also be using it to make some for himself. Told him he could use my equipment if he did the work to learn and make his own. My 550 is a fine machine, I'm sure this one will be worth the wait.

I'm wearing myself out using my 550.

Been wanting a 1050 for years and finally got enough money to get this one. Might not get to use it to full potential but still WANT it:D

I called dillon to ask about a ship date, they had told me when I ordered it that it would be 4 to 6 weeks and it had been 5. I figured they would say something like in a week or so but instead I was told that it would be at least 12 more weeks and maybe longer. I canceled my order and looked at the Mark-7's made by Lyman. They are behind 6 to 8 week as well. As I was contemplating I saw Midway had a Hornady ammo plant in stock so I bought it and it'll be here Thursday at 2/3 the cost of the Dillon. I've got 2 other AP's which are the are press minus the case and bullet feeders.

I did see that Double Alpha is showing having one 1050 in stock. Not the 1100 but still a solid machine and most importantly in stock.

I want to get another press that is automated for dedicated brass processing. AmmoBot was bought by Dillon in May, but they have yet to start to ship the AmmoBots or accessories. :(. Its got me looking at the Mark7, but kind of like the D1100 the New Mark7 Titan is behind the release dates. If I could get a Titan I would turn one of my D1050s into dedicated brass processing. Man, that would make things way easier. I keep remembering to try to call Lyman too late in the day to reach their 4:30 PM EST cut off for calls. Want to see if they have any updates on the Titan. I bet it too is 12-20 weeks out.

All it takes is one key part not available from a subcontractor and it puts everything with long lead times. This is the norm right now for most products and inventory is king in all industries.

Got my RL1100 today. So far I'm still just doing brass prep but it sure is fast with taking care of sizing, de-capping and swaging while feeding the cases into the press for me. I have a 550 that I bought new a long time ago for like $300. This one is several, large steps up. The 550 will still get used for smaller runs of ammo but for the plinkers and speed shooting, this is going to be great.....

Got my RL1100 today. So far I'm still just doing brass prep but it sure is fast with taking care of sizing, de-capping and swaging while feeding the cases into the press for me. I have a 550 that I bought new a long time ago for like $300. This one is several, large steps up. The 550 will still get used for smaller runs of ammo but for the plinkers and speed shooting, this is going to be great.....

Congratulations on the new gear! Have fun with it. I am still back in the old days with 1050's but overall similar critter. They are great machines.

I finally ordered the Mark 7, I wanted the dillon but what sold me on the Mark 7 was Dillon told me they had a 1 year warranty and if you put the autobot on the press it would void the warranty. I thought that was odd when dillon owns autobot. The Mark 7 has a 3 year warranty and is made from the ground up to be motor driven.

@oremike Outstanding! What one did you go with? Evolution or Revolution? They were taking deposits for the new Titin commercial press but took down that option recently. I spoke with Mark 7 a month ago on its ETA and they said no firm date yet. Its prob more press than I need anyway. The Evolution honestly looks like a solid contender. Brian Eno's forum has a decent group of Mark 7 Evolution users to bounce ideas/issues with.

I have wanted another Dillon on an AmmoBot. However, since Dillon bought AmmoBot there are no more AmmoBots shipping since last May. No sign of when they will be here. That is what put me looking at Mark 7 again. I do like the larger tool head so you can run bullet dropper, powder check and still an independent crimp die, unlike the 1050/1100.

I am familiar with Dillons no warranty for auto drives on a 1050. However, both my 1050s are on AmmoBots and Dillon has yet to tell me to beet it. Every support request (only a few) has been met with 100% positive response. Then again I am not commercial reloading on them at a high volume too. No doubt they would be consuming ware (pins, flipper jaw etc.) parts over time if/when one did use them for full-on production loading. I still dig Blue but Black is looking like the way to go these days for an auto driven press.

I went with the basic Evolution no bullet feeder, no motor drive. I want to test it out and set it up as simply as I can plus as I get used to it and make money with it I can upgrade it as Johnny Cash says one piece at a time. I might buy a second one and set it up to de-prime and swage at 3500 rph.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top