JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. My .223 rounds from 550B would work great in everything (Colt AR, mini14, Rem 700) except a Rock River AR (which has a match chamber).
Sizer die not screwed in far enough to bring down the case shoulder. Common problem
with match chamber AR. RCBS Precision Mic can measure this to properly adjust your
sizer die.http://www.midwayusa.com/product/477756/rcbs-precision-mic-223-remington
I love my 550. Have owned it for close to 30 years. Worn out or broke numerous parts.
Several powder measures. Always no hassle free parts. A couple years ago I sent
it back to Dillon and they completely rebuilt it. All new bearings and painted. For
free of course. Now I have a NEW press! :)
I have used many different types of trimmers. Little Crow is the best 223 trimmer
for the money. Leaves very little burr inside and outside case mouth. Fast and easy to use.
<broken link removed> :

I leave my Dillon 550B set up for the 9mm. I have also used it for .357 Mag, 44 Mag and .38 Spec. I only used it for .223 Rem a couple times, since I didn't like handing bullets after handling lubed cases,, charging lubed cases with powder or having to remove RCBS case lube 2 from loaded rounds. I also tried it with the .223 with cases pre-sized on my RCBS Rockchucker single stage press. Since I am constantly experimenting with .223 loads I now just use the single stage press for the rifle rounds. If you do a lot of load experimenting, a single stage press is easier and quicker to change over, but once you settle on a single load, the Dillon is awesome. I might just revisit mine for the .223 now that I have a lot of processed brass ready to load and have settled on a few basic loads for it that I can load in quantity. The only tip I can offer echoes others in using ball powders or very small flake or extruded powders in the Dillon powder measure to ensure consistent charge weights. I like Ramshot Tac, and Exterminator, H-335, Accurate 2230, 2200 and 2460 in mine. Win 748 and BL-C2 would be other good options.

Rule #1 Do not smoke while reloading.

Rule #2. Do not exceed the maximum loads in the loading tables.

Rule #3. Do not shoot someone else's reloads... unless you know and trust them.

:D

One of my buddies likes to drink and chain smoke while reloading :eek: and then he wonders why I don't wanna shoot his 500 mag reloads........Huh, what could go wrong o_O

I can't offer much advice as I just got my 550 also. I can say I haven't loaded a thing yet because I keep finding out I need something else. I just ordered the case gages for all the calibers I load. I might have to order new dies too because some of my RCBS ones DON'T WORK in a Dillon press. I have a Dillon RT1200 to trim the cases. Have fun!

I can't offer much advice as I just got my 550 also. I can say I haven't loaded a thing yet because I keep finding out I need something else. I just ordered the case gages for all the calibers I load. I might have to order new dies too because some of my RCBS ones DON'T WORK in a Dillon press. I have a Dillon RT1200 to trim the cases. Have fun!

I use RCBS dies with my 550B. What problem are you having with your dies?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top