JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,

I just recently moved to the Portland area and have acquired my first few firearms. I have a passion for older metal framed firearms with wood on them, but also don't mind the more modern polymer firearms.

I am interested in finding some good places to shoot for free and also in helping with some cleanup efforts of the free shooting areas.

Glad to have found and joined this community!

Hey everyone,

I just recently moved to the Portland area and have acquired my first few firearms. I have a passion for older metal framed firearms with wood on them, but also don't mind the more modern polymer firearms.

I am interested in finding some good places to shoot for free and also in helping with some cleanup efforts of the free shooting areas.

Glad to have found and joined this community!
Welcome, when you need a break from the madness, head South to Jefferson.

Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

Come check out a clean up, it'll introduce you to others that enjoy shooting and you may find adjoining interests. It'll also be a way to find other outdoor areas safe to practice.

@Ss2fast watch this thread, clean ups tend to be posted here.

Follow @Cogs He is the one that organizes for Trash No Land.

Welcome, SS2fast, glad you joined! We can all appreciate another good steward on this forum!

If you look through the Past Events on the Trash No Land web page, you'll find map links to places we've cleaned up. Most of those places are good places to shoot and some are not so good (but they still needed to get cleaned up). We do it because we value public land shooting, respect for out great outdoor and we save places to shoot.

If you're up for it, a few of us will be at the 36 Pit in Mt Hood Nat Forest this next Saturday, July 11th. We are hosing the Target Shooter Info Center where we'll be chatting with fellow shooters, handing out information on shooting, free ear plugs, paper targets, trash bags and hot coffee. We will have staff in the booth and we're asking for extra people to come help do some cleanup while we're there. For those who can't pay for the disposal of one or two bags, Trash No Land will take and pay the disposal.

So come join us if you can! Be safe, have fun and Trash No Land!

Bill

Welcome, SS2fast, glad you joined! We can all appreciate another good steward on this forum!

If you look through the Past Events on the Trash No Land web page, you'll find map links to places we've cleaned up. Most of those places are good places to shoot and some are not so good (but they still needed to get cleaned up). We do it because we value public land shooting, respect for out great outdoor and we save places to shoot.

If you're up for it, a few of us will be at the 36 Pit in Mt Hood Nat Forest this next Saturday, July 11th. We are hosing the Target Shooter Info Center where we'll be chatting with fellow shooters, handing out information on shooting, free ear plugs, paper targets, trash bags and hot coffee. We will have staff in the booth and we're asking for extra people to come help do some cleanup while we're there. For those who can't pay for the disposal of one or two bags, Trash No Land will take and pay the disposal.

So come join us if you can! Be safe, have fun and Trash No Land!

Bill

Sure I could join in. What would I need to do? What time is this happening on the 11th?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews