JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it is an instate move there is no legal requirement. If you want to though, fill out a <broken link removed> , checking "No" in box 2.

An out of state move, whether permanent or temporary, requires an approved Form 5320.20 before crossing state lines. The form is not required for silencers but it might be helpful if you have to deal with LE in the destination state.

For a temporary interstate move, you can fill out the dates in box 3 up to a year apart so you can make several trips on the same form, such as 01Feb2012 to 31Jan2013.

there is no law or regulation at the federal level in respect to intrastate moves. however, note that the Form requests this but it's not supported by law. there may be at the local level so be sure you double check state/county/city laws.

If it is an instate move there is no legal requirement. If you want to though, fill out a <broken link removed> , checking "No" in box 2.

An out of state move, whether permanent or temporary, requires an approved Form 5320.20 before crossing state lines. The form is not required for silencers but it might be helpful if you have to deal with LE in the destination state.

For a temporary interstate move, you can fill out the dates in box 3 up to a year apart so you can make several trips on the same form, such as 01Feb2012 to 31Jan2013.

A 5320-20 is not required for AOW or silencers thought.

I moved from Or to Wa and filled out the form 5320.20 and got a signed copy back before the move from ATF. I moved back to Or from Wa and got the same thing. When I moved within Or and filled out the form, I got nothing, no response at all from ATF. Hopefully I'm legal, but I dunno?

I moved from Or to Wa and filled out the form 5320.20 and got a signed copy back before the move from ATF. I moved back to Or from Wa and got the same thing. When I moved within Or and filled out the form, I got nothing, no response at all from ATF. Hopefully I'm legal, but I dunno?

As has been said above, there is no legal requirement to notify when moving within the same state.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top