JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Technically yess.

The mak is slightly different than the 380.

You can fire a 380 in a mak IIRC, but not vice versa

They are pretty close.

I grabbed some new 380 ammo and slipped the digital vernier calipers up close and personal

They measured 17.4mm

I was not correct in saying 9x18

Seventeen and a half ok :s0114:

in Europe that call the 9x18 and the 380 the 9mm corto (short)
To be honest, they are two different rounds.

Now we can speak about the other 9mm rounds.

The 9x21
The 9x23
The 9x25 dillon (10mm case loaded like a 357sig)
The 356 TSW (9X21.5) Was a round developed for IPSC back several years.
This little beast smoked 147 grain slugs at 49000 psi chamber pressure, made major power (IPSC RATING)

The 9x21 found favor with the IPSC gamer crowd right along with the 38 super

I ran a 9x21 in a Witness Gold team for a couple seasons. I loved the round and the gun.

But anyway, the 380 is technically different than the Mak 9x18 but they are very close.
You can compare them power wise and they are very close, just depends on who is loading them as to their ballistics.

Ahhhhh, and there you have what I can tell ya about it.

Snowy

I will carry a .380 anytime I cannot get away with a larger gun and I am fully confident in its power to stop a bad guy with a few pops to the chest, head. If you have a small caliber shoot it a lot because you can become accurate with even a tiny pistol. I am now decent with my little .22lr over under Derringer at up to 10' when I cannot get away with a gun while in a suit that at least gives me something in addition to my Kershaw.

well, I think we found the reason for the ladies only room now...........this thread has more to do about boobs than guns....................lol

Some how i don't think the guys mind,lol.
Going out to buy a G42 right now. I'll let you know what i think after i take it to the range.

Stopped at the range after I bought my G42 today and put 100 flawless rounds through it. No problems at all.
Fun to shoot, no recoil, accurate.
I am not sure why some people are having issues-maybe a problem with ammo or not being used to Glocks?
I don't get it. For me it worked perfectly.

Stopped at the range after I bought my G42 today and put 100 flawless rounds through it. No problems at all.
Fun to shoot, no recoil, accurate.
I am not sure why some people are having issues-maybe a problem with ammo or not being used to Glocks?
I don't get it. For me it worked perfectly.

Different ammo could explain some of the issues, but your gun is not their gun. Some pieces of machinery run to opposite sides of tolerances and there lies a more likely reason for the trouble. Still, not what one is used to hearing about Glocks.

I shot one the other day. Shoots like a Glock only a little cramped. My buddy was all excited about it. I already have a couple of .380's, one uglier than the 42 and one prettier. I will say that I would in fact accept a Glock if one were given to me, so I suppose I don't actively dislike them. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top