JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, it was what I expected but I went anyway. Lr primers, 65.00 a 1000, 100 cci 22 lr for 20.00. Went to the post falls Wal-Mart after that and picked up a brick of cci sv 22lr for 36.00, still a little expensive. I did buy a Wilson case trimmer for 35.00, love those trimmers, now looking for some shell holders.

I haven't been to a gun show in over 20 years. I see no reason to go now, especially in this crazy climate. I can see the value in them for people who have old firearms they are trying to repair and need to find parts for, or who want elk jerky.

But paying to shop for overpriced guns is as offensive to me as paying for camping.

I don't disagree with the sentiments above regarding gun shows. I still like to bring my kids to them though. Although I am likely to walk out of there with nothing but elk jerky most of the time, the environment is still one to be relished in the free world. I would rather put in the effort with driving out, paying the parking and having my kids immersed in that environment for a couple of hours rather than the mall. I'm proud of the fact that when I ask, "who wants to go to the gun show with me?' that I get all hands on deck.

I miss the computer shows more, searching for that sound blaster card...
ogre-screaming-in-revenge-of-the-nerds-jpg.jpg

;):D

I miss the computer shows more, searching for that sound blaster card...
Ah yes, and the sex kittens selling their CD's.
And then Al Gore brought us the internet.

I still enjoy the gun shows.
I prefer the smaller local shows without as many retail dealers.
I like the hunt for some of the obscure accessories and tools at pennies on the dollar that often even the seller has no idea what it is. Came by all my swaging tools that way.
Than there are finds like the Smith 940 I obtained last weekend, had been looking for another (at a tolerable price) for 7 or 8 years.:cool: Score.:s0062:

Well, it was what I expected but I went anyway. Lr primers, 65.00 a 1000, 100 cci 22 lr for 20.00. Went to the post falls Wal-Mart after that and picked up a brick of cci sv 22lr for 36.00, still a little expensive. I did buy a Wilson case trimmer for 35.00, love those trimmers, now looking for some shell holders.
Yikes! I was in Bozeman last week, picke up 2K of LRM for ~$28/k, and I thought that was expensive....

Really like the Wilson, I have more than a few of the case shell holders. I did add the stand, shell holder clamp and the adapter to use an electric screw driver. Makes for quick work. It's more precise than the Forester, but the Forester does have it's pluses. And Wilson shell holders can be found on their site or MidwayUSA, the selection is huge!

If I didn't live in Idaho, I probably wouldn't go to gun shows. But I really like our little local one. I had been looking at a sweet high standard 22pistol that was on consignment at a lgs, went to the gun show and saw its twin, I made a offer, he accepted it, I handed him the money, he handed me the gun and we shook hands, and I headed out the door. That is how gun buying should be, imho.

I think we can all understand that gun shows are no longer what they used to be by a long shot. I still go to a couple of them a year just to look around and see what you will find.

For several years, I would go regularly with my dad and was on the lookout for an A5 in sixteen gauge. One time that I didn't go with him a few years ago, he found a pristine one for $450 and bought it. I am still so pissed about that one, hopefully one day it's mine, but in this meantime there is a hole in my safe's heart.

Was it at the greyhound park?

If I didn't live in Idaho, I probably wouldn't go to gun shows. But I really like our little local one. I had been looking at a sweet high standard 22pistol that was on consignment at a lgs, went to the gun show and saw its twin, I made a offer, he accepted it, I handed him the money, he handed me the gun and we shook hands, and I headed out the door. That is how gun buying should be, imho.
I lived in post falls for 15 years or so and miss the private firearms transactions

If I was a betting man, the 7B is from your license plate? I grew up in 9B, and remember the local shows up there fondly. My dad still frequents them when he's in town at the right time...he's out in western Montana now, but still ends up in town there pretty often (usually to stop at the Laughing Dog). Out here, I haven't been to one in years. More so because I don't typically have time or the weekend of a show I'm out of town or working on home projects...usually when I get to the house on Friday night, I don't leave again until it's time to head to work on Monday morning.

When I lived in Tulsa, I was 1/4 mile from the Wanenmacher gun show. Billed as the largest in the world at 11 acres, 4100 tables, 5.7 miles of tables. And that doesn't include nearly every attendee has private guns for sale. Always a fun weekend

Here's the bottom floor of the show. The top floor is twice as big and equally packed. I took this pic in 2013
0550FC6B-E91E-49BE-9973-EE1A51C6F27D.jpeg

Here's the bottom floor of the show. The top floor is twice as big and equally packed.

That's a big one, for sure. Which I've heard about but never attended. One of my pals used to try to get me to go to the shows in Columbus, Ohio but I've never been interested in going that far for a gun show.

In the late 1960's and 1970's (B.C. = Before Children), I used to go to the gun shows in so. Calif. and there were a few of those that were biggish. But this was a region that had a gun show somewhere or another nearly every weekend which I think maybe took some of the steam out of having infrequent, big shows. Of course that scene is over.

About 10-15 years ago, I went to the big Grand Sierra Resort gun shows in Reno several times. It gave me an excuse to go for a drive in my early retirement years. Those were some big shows, that basement room in the GSR is pretty big.

Unfortunately, on the west coast dwindling and diminished gun shows are the way things are gonna be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top