JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Based on the information coming out thus far, there definitely seem to be indications that the police response was pretty abysmal.

Post-Columbine, as most of us know, the standard active-shooter response protocol demands that as soon as armed responding officers are on-site, some/all will be deployed into the building in an effort to interdict the active shooter(s) by containing in a room/hall/area or using means up to lethal force to stop the actions of the shooter(s).

There seems to be some back-and-forth and finger-pointing between the city PD, county sheriff's office, DPS with Border Patrol, of all agencies, being the initial entry team...

Uvalde Shooter Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering

If one of the local residents had comparable firepower to pick him off from their house, car or truck it would have ended right there.

View attachment 1207623

Video games have nothing to do with it. For example, Charles Whitman, the University of Texas tower shooter. Or James Huberty, the San Ysidro McDoanld's massacre. Or George Hennard, Luby's Cafeteria shooting.

Evil people have existed for centuries. Their tools of destruction have only changed over time.
It was an example, OK? And, I'm not talking about Chalres Whitman. Columbine. Jonesboro. All the rest. Kids are choosing murder as a means of expression.

Look at this kid. Raised by grandma. Mom's a doper. Dad bounced some time back and found a new honey. A few rejection issues there possibly? Kid develops a stutter and apparently received no speech therapy. DV calls at home, PD called. Posts pics with guns. Cuts his own face, shoots random people with BB gun. Texted girls in other countries - telling one German girl he's gonna shoot up a school. Shot grandma. Stole her vehicle. Blah blah blah.

Look at this kid. Raised by grandma. Mom's a doper. Dad bounced some time back and found a new honey. A few rejection issues there possibly? Kid develops a stutter and apparently received no speech therapy. DV calls at home, PD called. Posts pics with guns. Cuts his own face, shoots random people with BB gun. Texted girls in other countries - telling one German girl he's gonna shoot up a school. Shot grandma. Stole her vehicle. Blah blah blah.
Even more. History of being bullied at school. Co-workers at a Wendy's where he worked part-time stated he made misogynistic, demeaning and inappropriate remarks. Got in a few fights. "Friends" and family note he was aggressive and short-tempered. Inappropriate and alarming social media posts, even before the day of the shootings.

A Daniel Defense AR? Plus another (unspecified maker) AR? Plus a handgun the news isn't talking about? An 18-year-old with no driver license? His grandma and (convicted felon) grandpa didn't know he had firearms in the house?

One thing I forgot about personally, and maybe some people here did as well, is that after the Parkland school shooting in Florida a few years ago, the Republicans in the state banned people under 21 from being able to purchase rifles. It was signed by Rick Scott, current GOP senator in Florida.
I did not forget that state and other states, counties and cities.

Here you go:

FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT WEBSITE

Requirements to Purchase a Firearm

How do I know if I'm eligible to purchase a firearm?

There are ten categories of persons who are not eligible to purchase or possess a firearm under federal law (Title 18, United States Code 922(g)(1)-(9), (n)). They are:

1. Convicted of a felony (or equivalent)
  2. Fugitive from justice
  3. Unlawful user or addicted to a controlled substance
  4. Adjudicated mentally defective or involuntarily committed to treatment
  5. Illegal alien
  6. Dishonorable discharge from the US Armed Forces
  7. Renounced United States citizenship
  8. Active protection order (restraining order, injunction for protection, etc.)
  9. Convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
  10. Under indictment or information for a felony
In addition to federal law, Florida law prohibits persons who:

• Are adjudicated delinquent of a crime that would have been a felony if committed by an adult until the age of 24 or until record is expunged.
  • Receive "Adjudication Withheld" on any felony or on a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence and three years has not yet lapsed since the completion of sentencing provisions.
  • were recently arrested for a potentially disqualifying crime which has not been dismissed or disposed of in court.

What are the requirements to purchase a firearm in Florida?

• Must be 21 years of age. Rifles and shotguns may be purchased by a person who is at least 18 when that person is a law enforcement officer or correctional officer as defined in F.S. 943.10 or service member as defined in F.S. 250.01.
  • Must be a Florida resident to purchase a handgun. Long guns may be purchased by persons who are residents of other states so long as the sale complies with applicable laws in the purchaser's state of residence.
  • Legal permanent resident aliens who are Florida residents may purchase a firearm and must provide a valid alien registration number. Non-resident aliens visiting Florida must present a border crossing number (I-94) and a valid exception document .
  • Florida does not require a permit to purchase a firearm nor is there a permit that exempts any person from the background check requirement.
  • There is a waiting period of three days, excluding weekends and state holidays, between purchase and delivery of all firearms. Individual counties and cities have the authority to enact local ordinances extending the waiting period to as much as five days. Please consult local ordinances for more detailed information.
  • There is no limit to the number of firearms that may be transferred in a single transaction. The transaction is considered complete once the dealer has completed and signed the ATF Form 4473. An additional transfer (whether minutes later, the next day, or the next month) requires an additional background check.
Back to Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

FDLE Contacts
Florida Fusion Center
Media
Email FDLE

Investigations & Forensics

Computer Crimes
Domestic Security
Forensics Section
Investigations Section

~~~

Take care.

Cate

Whatever our feelings in the matter, we all are dependent on government for day-to-day safety. That's why we have a Constitution granting power to, and limiting the powers of the Federal govt, and outlining it's duties. That's why we have police, military, firemen, border control and a host of other things. A world or a country without law and order soon descends into a Somali-type anarchic situation, where only the strong make the rules and everyone else is weak and potential prey.
Dan,

Thank you!

Cate

If one of the local residents had comparable firepower to pick him off from their house, car or truck it would have ended right there.

Why didn't the cops pick him off? There was one at the school already. Uvalde is one of those 1 mile by 1 mile towns, with two main streets. Once the shots started going off, cops should have been at the school in a few minutes. I can go from seated at my kitchen table to a mile down the road in my car in 3 minutes, and I don't have flashers on my car.

The Vernonia K-12 school had a SRO that was paid 50/50 by the Vernonia Police Department and the School District. Our now former woke school superintendent quietly eliminated that position at the height of the BLM/defund the police mania with no real explanation to the school board or the community .

We now have a new superintendent starting July 1 who will hopefully revive the SRO position in the school.

-E-
The SRO in Parkland did what the cops in Uvalde did...not much.

I don't understand why people think your average teacher will act differently than a police officer...probably worse if placed in the same situation as a police officer.

The SRO in Parkland did what the cops in Uvalde did...not much.

I don't understand why people think your average teacher will act differently than a police officer...probably worse if placed in the same situation as a police officer.
The teacher has different motivation then the police, namely staying alive by shooting back.

Note : How the story of the shooting is now changing?

Yeah.......the Media and the Police.

Aloha, Mark

PS....

AP and some other news outlets have already pulled their stories and some "are making corrections."
THANK YOU!

This has been going on all day and night since it happened from the gitgo.

MORE came out about the Dad on THURSDAY where he was NOT mentioned or interviewed from the gitgo too.

I will post that later on.

But if you mention news SCRUBBING and changes aka EDITING and/or DELETION made to all kinds of news stories coming out of the USA especially and the ones on the international level which seem to have MORE information from a to z MOST OF THE TIME but NOT all of the time, some people HERE and elsewhere want the poster to LOOK UP ALL OF THAT CRAPOLA for THEM with time dated stamps from ALL kinds of sources since they don't believe what they SEE or READ since it does NOT fit into their LEFT or RIGHT AGENDA!

Plus it does NOT compute in their brain since they ALREADY have their minds made up when it comes to Faux CNN or Faux FOX or fill in the blanks news (?!?) source AND the people, authority figures, who are giving THEIR VERSION of the news to the MASS MEDIA shills.

And the people who complain that some of us who READ and do our own research to see if GOOD THINGS can come out of HORRIFIC crime scenes and make places SAFER or offer our OPINIONS from a to z - many people do not like it since they do not agree with us.

Because SOME of them consider it giving ATTENTION to the bad guy or guys.

I think and BELIEVE that people can LEARN how to improve and keep their society safer from schools to any other PUBLIC PLACE.

Now, I am not talking about the IF IT BLEEDS - IT LEADS stories and those who have their own AGENDA there.

I am talking about an OPEN discussion on WHAT WENT WRONG and HOW CAN WE IMPROVE and SOLVE these issues.

BLAME the shooter/murder!

Blame what was supposed to be DONE and was NOT DONE all around that school building - INSIDE and OUTSIDE!

Throw in the BIG TEN laws that many people ignore or do not believe in but MOST OF ALL - teach and explain in words and in deeds (Examples - actions!) children from a VERY YOUNG AGE (Babies and toddlers!) one simple thing - THE GOLDEN RULE.

Raise them right!

Sure, a person can still become screwed up or be a BAD SEED, no offense, but MOST OF THE TIME - if a parent, a mentor and ANY OTHER PERSON teaches the GOLDEN RULE and lives by showing THEIR KIDS a GOOD EXAMPLE - the kids will turn out to be KIND, honest, smart and common sense filled ADULTS who show personal responsibility in ALL areas of their lives!

Take care!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:

THIS is what I have read from several sources stateside and international news.

Cate

THIS link and story came from one mainline website that led to another website.

There are many other LINKS all over that lead to this story on the WWWeb.

Texas School Shooter's Dad: 'He Should've Just Killed Me'

AFTERMATH

SNIPPET:

"Despite the horrific slaughter he carried out Tuesday, Ramos insisted that his son was "a good person" who "stuck to himself." He claimed to have no idea why his son became so violent, or why he chose to target the school.

But he said he did notice one change in his son in recent months: a pair of boxing gloves he'd purchased and started testing out at a local park. "I said, 'Mijo, one day somebody's going to kick your bubblegum,'" Ramos recalled. "I started seeing different changes in him like that."

The younger Ramos reportedly had a poor relationship with his mother and had dropped out of high school ahead of his graduation this year. His father admitted he had not spent much time with him lately because he was employed outside Uvalde—he digs holes around utility poles for inspection—and because of the pandemic.

His own mother was suffering from cancer, Ramos said, and he could not risk being exposed to the coronavirus. He added that his son grew frustrated with the COVID precautions about a month ago and refused to speak to him. Ramos has not seen him since."

~~~

Snippet:

"For his own part, the father has a lengthy criminal record which includes at least one conviction for assault and causing bodily injury to a family member. He said he was currently estranged from his daughter—the gunman's sister—who he said was also upset with him for not spending enough time with the family.

The sister, 21, joined the Navy and is no longer living at home.

"My daughter, I guess, changed her life, she went to the Navy," he said. "I wish my son would have gone and changed his life."

Ramos said his son frequently complained about his maternal grandmother, who was in the hospital recovering from her injuries this week. He said he offered to let his son move in with his own parents, but that the teenager declined, citing the lack of WiFi. (The teenager's final dispute with his maternal grandmother before he shot her was reportedly about his phone bill.)"

~~~

MORE on the link.

~~~

Can you imagine the sister who went into the USN and what she is living with now especially if her fellow sailors know about her background? I hope that they do not blame HER for her brother's criminal actions.

I wish her well and I hope that she can overcome all of this if someone wants to THROW this crapola into her face. May God give her strength and peace.

Prayers said for all of the victims families and friends. May the dead rest in peace.

Cate

This is borderline spam. lol
It is?

News and updates are borderline spam?

I do not see that here with any person's posts or my own.

And that includes MANY other suggestions for securing schools in previous posts (NOT only mine too.) and other ideas to STOP murders especially when it comes to innocent little children and their teachers.

People including me were wondering WHY no one in the NEWS brought up any information about the Father of the murderer.

So the BREAKING NEWS about the Father came out on Thursday and into Thursday night. I am updating what I found out since I saw it in the news.

Many people OFFLINE questioned about where is the Dad or why was there NO news about him? NOT just online.

Plus the LACK of having a STRONG family unit among many other things have caused some young men and women to go OFF into LA LA LAND when it comes to sane - rational decision making choices in their lives.

Apologies if I have offended you. That was NOT my intention.

Please don't get this thread shut down or moved.

Please ignore ME or scroll on by.

And if you have anything to ADD about securing schools and making children and teachers safer - I would like to read it if you care to share this with us.

Plus if you have anything to ADD about how society in general can come together from ALL sides, left, middle and right, and WORK together when it comes to VIOLENCE and criminals who may be sane or insane but still intend to do their dirty deeds especially when it comes to MURDER.

Have a nice Friday.

Old Lady Cate

Trying to determine who, how and why someone is going to commit a crime, like stealing an irreplaceable item for example, is very difficult. The best bet is to protect the items you value as best as you can. In the case of children, protecting them will likely come at the expense of their liberty and yours. It's up to the parents and the child to decide how much protection they want to surround themselves with.

Trying to find and isolate all the people that might be a threat or restricting availability of all the tools they might use to kill or injure will be nearly impossible.

Edit: I would bet many gun owners provide more protection for their firearms then they do for their minor children?

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews