JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yup, eliminate mental health systems, but offer no other options to care for and house those who need it the most! Instead we medicate the problems!
There is evidence to suggest some highly troubling side effects from those drugs in young people. And especially when people go on and then go off them repeatedly. I've met a good number of people on those pills who are still struggling mightily. The best thing for them would be a safe place out of the mainstream where they can learn to cope over time.

Not all people need medication though. More family dinners, more church, more summer camp, more little league and less screen time. That will help a lot of kids right there.

There is evidence to suggest some highly troubling side effects from those drugs in young people. And especially when people go on and then go off them repeatedly. I've met a good number of people on those pills who are still struggling mightily. The best thing for them would be a safe place out of the mainstream where they can learn to cope over time.

Not all people need medication though. More family dinners, more church, more summer camp, more little league and less screen time. That will help a lot of kids right there.
I think we are starting to see the effects of non socialization due to all the covid lockdowns, especially with the youth. Many of them are missing some critical social skills at a time where they need to become more sophisticated in that regard to prepeare them for adulthood.

I think we are starting to see the effects of non socialization due to all the covid lockdowns, especially with the youth. Many of them are missing some critical social skills at a time where they need to become more sophisticated in that regard to prepeare them for adulthood.
The reliance of social media instead of actual Face to Face isn't helping ether! Lots on internet tough guy, many need a good pop in the teeth to fix their social standing!

Outside of that, there is little social going on with social media, that can't be helping things!

I also saw where you put the blame on the democrats when Ronny canceled the funding.
Taking things out of context much? You can go back an re-read what I originally typed or I can break it down into smaller bite sized portions for you in a PM.

Further more what Rawhide did while in office has zero affect on what took place in Texas the other day so there's that.

Taking things out of context much? You can go back an re-read what I originally typed or I can break it down into smaller bite sized portions for you in a PM.
Not going to argue with you - you dont simply want to accept both sides are responsible - have a nice day.

I think Jan 6th demonstrated the appetite a majority of the country has for CW, not much. Heck we have members here ready to hand over their and our "combat style" firearms because of school shootings.
I don't give a crap if I'm the only one, but I know I'm not. Come get 'em m'r f'r.

1653587653420.jpeg

As JayWalk succinctly said, "Something changed in the last four decades and it certainly is not how a gun works." The only logical conclusion is that society, and how children are being raised, has changed. And that means failure by parents is the heart of the issue. Politicians going after guns is just disingenuous misdirection when the painful reality (that politicians avoid like the plague) is to find the solution in better parenting. If I had the proverbial magic wand to wave (along with many of the previous good recommendations like staffing schools with security guards, allowing teachers to conceal carry on school grounds, better mental health resources, etc.), I would require a minimum of TWO WEEKS mandatory training for every parent with a K-12 child enrolled in a public school. Training on how to better their parenting skills, how to effectively interface with teachers, how to spot signs of psychological problems in their children and what to do about it, and how to productively work with school administration/board.

But don't hold your breath. I guarantee not a single politician will focus on parents being the real heart of the issue. They're too afraid. And consequently the $hit show will continue...

Gun free zone, what else would they expect? Plus they were warned before hand, the shooter killed his grandma, said he was going to shoot up a school. ALL THE SCHOOLS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A TOTAL LOCKDOWN! This could have been prevented! Not only that but, as long as these kids get "amped up" on violent video games, and violent movies, it's going to continue happening. Life is considered to be cheap, look at all the thousands of abortions done across the u.s. daily. Talk about mass murder! It's sickening.

Last Edited:
That was NOT my point.

In a society where one has family support, concerned friends and co-workers and a school with educators concerned for the well-being of its students, there can be multiple layers of intervention without trying to make someone a "prohibited person" for firearms purchases/ownership.

In the "old days," despite the lack of gun laws and restrictions, this type of event was almost unheard of, even though there was, per capita, still multitudes of firearms in the family households. Why do you suppose that was?
do you not remember Kip Kinkel?
a home grown Oregonian
he shot his grandparents also before shooting up the school

In the "old days," despite the lack of gun laws and restrictions, this type of event was almost unheard of, even though there was, per capita, still multitudes of firearms in the family households. Why do you suppose that was?
It just wasn't shoved down everyone's throat by a MSM and politicians with an agenda, but it is noting new.
As posted elsewhere...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Not going to argue with you - you dont simply want to accept both sides are responsible - have a nice day.
I'm not going to waste my breath or keystrokes on somebody that expects me to blame the Texas school shooting on Ronald Reagan. That's a pretty idiotic expectation. I suppose it's his fault for our current economy too. 🤦‍♂️

I'm not going to waste my breath or keystrokes on somebody that expects me to blame the Texas school shooting on Ronald Reagan. That's a pretty idiotic expectation. I suppose it's his fault for our current economy too. 🤦‍♂️
Heresy! How dare you not blame Trump for everything? o_O

(just bringing a little levity to an otherwise dour discussion...)

Your still operating under the illusion that gun rights or regulations are yours to decide, they are most assuredly NOT! We have the second amendment specifically to uphold the individual rights of ALL citizens to keep and bear arms, for the protections of all, and for the defense of the state, which could be argued includes our schools and other institutions! The potato in charge claims the second is not absolute, which begs the question of: what of the other rights? He is wrong of course, but that's the mentality of the left, they hold that our Bill of Rights are fluid, a living document that is subject to the wims and wishes of today, they are in fact, NOT!
That's not really how any of this works. Any part of the Constitution can be amended. The Bill of Rights are amendments. Even amendments can be amended, refer to the 18th and 21st.
Our Government is supposed to be of, by, and for we the people. If enough people want to amend any part of the Constitution, it gets amended.

Last Edited:
I've been a Reagan fan since before I was able to vote and as great of a president as he was he didn't do this country any favors on the mental health issues by releasing all the nuts. That is beside the point, I blame school shooting deaths on the fact that they remain soft targets with zero clue on how to secure their environment. The disgusting part is many, many people have offered their expertise on the the subject how to correct the situation only to be blown off.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top