JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe he is smarter than we gave him credit.

USMC (active or retired, there are no "former" Marines) have already notched one POTUS. Serving with them for eight years I noticed they don't miss often.

Well they had that army doctor down in Houston Texas shoot up the base, sounds to me they are maybe alittle worried of who might be in our services. Which completely and totally sucks for the men that are serving our country. And by the way I was in the military. To the men and women who are serving in our military you have my honor and continuted respect thank you. God bless.

Even though that is messed up, I doubt that POTUS had a big hand in deciding that. Thats why he has the secret service. They get payed to be paranoid and suspect everyone of being an assassin. Its called security.

A guy on another forum had served with that Marine unit and said that they were ceremonial rifles that had no bolts when he was there.

Universal distrust by politicos?

The rifles that the ceremonial units of the Armed Forces carry are, or at least were, when I was stationed at Ft Meyer (1978 - 79) fully functional rifles. Although the Old Guard is mostly a dog and pony show, they DO have the mission of defending Washington DC in the event of any kind of need.

Those cannons they use to fire off salutes can just as easily fire live rounds.

Maybe he is smarter than we gave him credit.

USMC (active or retired, there are no "former" Marines) have already notched one POTUS. Serving with them for eight years I noticed they don't miss often.

So clear something up for me. My father-in-law was in the Marines for 6 years (Vietnam Vet). He calls himself a former Marine. He didn't retire from the Corps, he retired from UFCW, and he's certainly not active. Are you saying this is considered "retired"? I've never heard anyone who was only in for a short time call themselves retired. Is this the correct term?

I served in the USMC from 1985-1991. When we say there are no "former" Marines, it's more along the line of "Once a Marine, Always a Marine", and not to be taken literally. I, like everyone else who earned the title, will always identify myself as such.

.....but back to the topic: I too was disgusted until i did a little internet research and learned that such acts have been doen before, by previous administrations.

IIRC, other times it was removal of firing pins, collection of ammunition, and other procedures to try to ensure that troops didn't have the ability to shoot visiting POTUS. I believe this also included GWB during his visits to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Believe me, I'm no fan of our current President, but if we're to be taken seriously we need to avoid coming across as partisan hypocrites.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top