JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
just to let you know, it is illegal to shoot on or across any forest service road. maybe thats your property, I don't know, but if it isn't you might want to take the vids off youtube. Not tryin to be debbie downer here, just dont want you gettin in any trouble

just to let you know, it is illegal to shoot on or across any forest service road. maybe thats your property, I don't know, but if it isn't you might want to take the vids off youtube. Not tryin to be debbie downer here, just dont want you gettin in any trouble

It's on the back of my property.

Thanks though

Good, then its not illegal, its just dangerous and dumb.

I guess no one on here has ever seen someone lose their balance while bumpfiring. because not only do they still do it, but they still seem to think its funny.

Maybe you are dangerous and dumb? :s0155: Who knows

Unless you are a firearms engineer you have no business in discussing what is "dangerous" or not. I can hold my rounds on target thank you very much.

Maybe you are dangerous and dumb? :s0155: Who knows

Unless you are a firearms engineer you have no business in discussing what is "dangerous" or not. I can hold my rounds on target thank you very much.

Actually not an engineer. I have, however, been a range safety officer and a gunsmith. I have seen people bump-fire and lose their balance, falling over and spraying the sky with rounds. When you are not in FULL control of each trigger pull, there is the opportunity for a tragic accident.

I have seen people bump-fire and lose their balance, falling over and spraying the sky with rounds.

I have seen the same thing, but you are comparing apples and oranges. I can comfortably do 2rd 3rd and 10rds at a time and with a foregrip and it's not going anywhere. This is more than bubba putting his thumb in the waistband and peeing rounds everywhere. The only danger is the bolt carrier tang wearing down over time and causing an out of battery fire, but that can happen even under normal circumstances.

I do feel better that you are genuinely concerned for my safety. Do you mind helping me install a shower grab bar so I don't lose my balance in there too? More people die in the bathroom than inertia/bump firing. :s0112: If I can't control a 5.45 rifle without losing my balance I deserve to blow my leg off.

Since, this has turned into a safety (shooting down a road - which I own) and a controllability lecture (inertia firing is bad) what about the carrier tang? How about some constructive criticism instead?

What are the minimum length tang specs for serviceability on the carrier?

Does anyone know or is this just arm chair quarterbacking ....I saw a guy do this one time and it was bad argument?

Yeah, great. You're a great shooter and can control it. Congratulations. Go out on the back of your property and play mall-ninja all you want. But don't spew it around here where new shooters can get ideas and someone actually could get hurt.

By the way, if you want I'll find you the name of someone who can install that shower grab bar for you. Bubblegum.

Check to see the distance of your wall studs before purchasing the grab-bar. :s0114:

I didn't see the video, but I am glad that you own the road and made sure no one had access to it before and during your shooting exercise. I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I have been driving down a country road and come across some bozo shooting down it! It becomes suddenly obvious that people don't have to have brains to buy and own a firearm in this country.

I hadn't planned on leaving the video up for long.

I made it because this guy I know and his dad were shooting AKs prone "sniper AK" and stuff :) and sent me one on Sunday.

I took it off because you're really not supposed to have a face picture and guns on the internet. Kind of like the guys on here who list all of the kind of guns you they own. A little tricky Perl script and anyone has a database of what you posted about your guns and your IP.

I thought the interia bumpfire thing I sent him might start a hissy if I posted it here.:huh:

I also have a 1919A4 Blacksheep Crankfire that wastes ammo ($250/min) and fires oh so very wildly too. Ripped a hard Samsonite suitcase someone left out there completely apart with one. Tracers just skipping into the air off the backdrop. Glad I didn't post that one!!

I clean the mess people always leave out there.

Anyway seriously....

Does anyone know if the tang ever gets worn down too much on an AK? Is 90% lockup OK?

I would love to give you an answer if I had much experience with AK's. Unfortunately, most of my work is pistol-smithing. Good luck. Check with Todd at Koonce Customs in Salem. He does a lot of work on EBR's. And he's less of an bubblegum than me...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top