JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
On the other hand, THEIR whole world is being made into an "us vs them" and much of it is not by their choosing, although I'm sure that happens in places. They are attacked constantly (physically and verbally), critiqued by EVERYONE, treated unfairly in courts and media, and badmouthed in places like this forum. This chit spreads... is it any wonder they come out to a call with a chilly attitude. The friendly cops are being beaten into the ground and retiring... soon we will only have the bad attitude cops left.

Thankfully, I've only ever been treated with respect, professionalism, and a friendly attitude by LEOs during traffic stops and by Asst DA during one misunderstanding that was settled amicably. Maybe small town vs big town experience, IDK. But I've always greeted responders with a smile, while my H.S. friend that complains about treatment greets them with attitude. Cops are human and most humans respond to people the way people respond to them. I'm still amazed how patient cops are with jerks and how well they treat them until the jerk decides to further misbehave.
Misbehave, the key term here. Which pretty much is a roundabout way of saying make sure to obey.

Last Edited:
Miss behave, the key term here. Which pretty much is a roundabout way of saying make sure to obey.
You have a problem with that?

I have a dislike of authority, but I don't dislike cops. I know that the best way to shorten the interaction and have a good outcome is to obey the lawful orders of a Law Enforcement Officer. IF they are in the wrong, sort it out in court. Attitudes like the one you display cause people to fight with a LEO, and THAT is what causes problems for the person doing the fighting, not LEOS.

I hope you don't have any more interaction with LE, because with an attitude like that you are headed for trouble.

And IMO, it's childish. Grow up.

If you read through all the threads you would see that I said I do know that, and yes they should've ignored it because I don't need them. Perhaps I should put a big sign saying police don't f_cking come on my property regardless of anything happening there and if I have to dispatch somebody I can just dump the cuffed scumbag on the street for them..
Would something like that be preferable for you?
You would fit perfectly in Chiraq.

You would fit perfectly in Chiraq.
I'm not familiar with that term, and if you wish to go ahead and be obedient to the powers that be then so be it, but then again that puts into question the whole reason why you'd want to even own guns. One of the reasons we as a group who own firearms own them is the potential to have to use them against an oppressive government; so that doesn't chime in with the idea of being obedient.

I'm not familiar with that term, and if you wish to go ahead and be obedient to the powers that be then so be it, but then again that puts into question the whole reason why you'd want to even own guns. One of the reasons we as a group who own firearms own them is the potential to have to use them against an oppressive government; so that doesn't chime in with the idea of being obedient.

I know all this, but at my age (not to old mind you) I would rather die not letting them in then allow that to happen to me... Many people died during the revolutionary war fighting for what they believed in, would you? would anyone in this country be willing to give their life to fight for their ideals nowadays?
If I wanted to live in Mother Russia or China I would move there..
Wow, a visit from the popo turns into a revolution. Watch out for those jackbooted thugs!!!

Maybe I was wrong about Chiraq, could be N Idaho would be better for you.

But I think I better be done with this thread.

Good luck, and GOODBYE!!!

Wow, a visit from the popo turns into a revolution. Watch out for those jackbooted thugs!!!

Maybe I was wrong about Chiraq, could be N Idaho would be better for you.

But I think I better be done with this thread.

Good luck, and GOODBYE!!!
Another reference about North Idaho that I know nothing about, if you're going to make references put a link or something. :rolleyes:

Another reference about North Idaho that I know nothing about, if you're going to make references put a link or something. :rolleyes:
Nope. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You seem to not know much about ANYTHING. I'll bet that comes from living a life of seclusion. Like they do in N Idaho. You can look up skinheads, revolutionaries, militia groups, etc. Figure it out yourself.

I'm done here. And I'm done with YOU!

Nope. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You seem to not know much about ANYTHING. I'll bet that comes from living a life of seclusion. Like they do in N Idaho. You can look up skinheads, revolutionaries, militia groups, etc. Figure it out yourself.

I'm done here. And I'm done with YOU!
I know that you're most likely a troll that goes to posts and tries to stir up trouble.

Last Edited:
(...) I know that the best way to shorten the interaction and have a good outcome is to obey the lawful orders of a Law Enforcement Officer. IF they are in the wrong, sort it out in court. (...)
These two sentences contradict. I would guess that very few people on this board would give a cop grief about a lawful order.

But, what about an unlawful order? Sure, the most pragmatic advice is, generally, to follow the unlawful order and deal with it via the court system later...philosophically, is that what free men do?

I've got a family to take care of these days - you won't find me playing First Amendment Auditor with a pissed off LEO. But, I am glad that those people exist.

I suspect people grow up in different circumstances with different experiences and it impacts their view of the police. I grew up in a small town where the Chief of Police's stepson was our varsity quarterback. I spent a good deal of time blocking for him. The Chief really liked me. I had several interactions with the police over the years, most involved underage drinking. I got a few "talkings to" and that was about it. There was a "faux arrest" on the high school lawn at lunchtime where I was actually cuffed and led to the police cruiser, but the lunch bell rang and they had to let me get to class. :eek:

I avoid big cities like the plague, so I have had zero interaction with their police. My wife's BFF is married to a state cop/game warden. That's about the only connection I have with the police anymore. I've moved away from the old hometown and the Chief passed away years ago. It's weird though, I was just talking to my wife's BFF's husband on Saturday and it's like the guy was human or something.

To lighten the mood a little, I would suggest going to Youtube and watching Chris Rock's video about "How to not get your azz kicked by the police". Not that it has any bearing on the OP, but it is pretty funny. Given the current BLM environment and whatnot, I wonder if Chris regrets making that video.

philosophically, is that what free men do?
This is BS thinking.

There is no, and never has been, and such thing as FREE MEN. Nobody is completely FREE to do whatever they please. It would be like that movie where they have a free night to go around shooting everybody. Society hires LEOs because society needs to have order. Because it's best for everybody that people don't do whatever they please, because humans sometimes SUCK.

As I said, I'm done with this thread.

And I prefer the 200" of snow in the winter. You'll never experience silence like that anywhere else in this world, except maybe just "one time", a couple minutes after jumping out of a plane - without a parachute
Nothing quiet about terminal velocity! For even more speed and noise, you can go head-down!

If you read through all the threads you would see that I said I do know that, and yes they should've ignored it because I don't need them. Perhaps I should put a big sign saying police don't f_cking come on my property regardless of anything happening there and if I have to dispatch somebody I can just dump the cuffed scumbag on the street for them..
Would something like that be preferable for you?
The question is, what's preferable to you?
However, Community Caretaking, like 911 calls, are an exception to the warrant requirement.
put up no trespassing signs and ones that say no access without a warrant and get rid of your cell phones, and your computer too. This should limit your contact withe the police.

For some reason, the way this thread is going reminded of this...
27971919_2133839569993721_1246780331634760550_n.jpg

-Robert

The question is, what's preferable to you?
However, Community Caretaking, like 911 calls, are an exception to the warrant requirement.
put up no trespassing signs and ones that say no access without a warrant and get rid of your cell phones, and your computer too. This should limit your contact withe the police.
I was being ornery with this comment... ;)

And with that...
I think that we are done here.

Many posts in this thread are close to breaking a rule....many posts here also break the forum rules.

Forum rules , by the way , are rules which all agreed to abide by , when one becomes a member.
If y'all don't like it when threads are closed or posts deleted....then follow the forum rules.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews