JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I appreciate a circle jerk as well as the next guy but as has been said, the fellow could make a phone call to the county clerk.

The drug prohibition is totally responsible for the drug price distortion. In any case, your point is meaningless, if some drug users steal to obtain income, that is already illegal and there are laws for that behavior.

tldr, irrelevant conjecture.

it's not irrelevant , that was the point the whole argument here is conjecture cuz no one here knows the details of his case

That's for selling to already drunk people. Totally different from the blanket criminalization of selling drugs to people who then harmlessly consume said drugs in their homes.

Besides, that liquor store law is idiotic. "Looks intoxicated"? Typical government idiocy. Either require a breathalyzer, or don't. [/QUOTE]

Good so then you agree!

No, "felon" is a label the state gives to a person to who has annoyed them. "Society" is a weasel word of the highest order, used by people who cannot provide a logical explanation for their stubborn defense of insane government diktats.

What about the victim or family of a homicide victim or child rapist?

Feel free to explain how you personally believe possessing heroin is actually a bad thing and said possessor to be stripped of his rights, as opposed to how "society" disapproves of such behavior.

Already did multiply times. how do you know it was a simple possession charge do you and the OP know full details of the charge and his history?

This is exactly why gun owners get a bad rap.

So, how do you explain the same price of marijuana where it has been decriminalized? Oregon's marijuana prices have stayed the same over the years in spite of decriminalization of larger and larger quantities.

Drug use and other crimes go hand in hand. Drug users (addicts) cannot sustain employment and most never had employment to start with. So, they turn to crime to feed their habit. It often starts with, or is sustained by, ID theft, property crimes and some turn to violent crimes if the need arises.

Drug use and property crime go together like peas and carrots. There are no long term "functioning drug users."

Oh look, marijuana dealers moving cargo from west to east coast states due to price differences: Go East, Young Marijuana Dealer : Planet Money : NPR.

Oregon was the first state to "decriminalize" marijuana only for possession of less than an ounce, which has absolutely no impact on supply and sale (still a felony). Legalizing sale and cultivation is the current trend for decriminization. In addition, European countries that have totally legalized pot have far lower prices than the US, You've never been to or read about Holland or Portugal, obviously.

Also, if you're really a cop (going by your name), then I am 100% sure this functioning drug user makes more money than you. Come on, show us your criminal justice "degree". :s0114:

it's not irrelevant , that was the point the whole argument here is conjecture cuz no one here knows the details of his case

You're the one spinning yarn, OP stated "possession charge", that is the known fact, we can argue the morality of the state punishing possessors.

Good so then you agree!

Nope, just pointing out the absurdity of government. And that law still has no relevance to laws punishing dealers, your original futile point.

What about the victim or family of a homicide victim or child rapist?

Nice, drug non-crimes are now being compared to murder and child rape. Have you no shame?

Already did multiply times. how do you know it was a simple possession charge do you and the OP know full details of the charge and his history?

See above. We can make a new thread to talk about how when you say "society", you really mean "I", but in the context of this thread, you're the one who is spewing conjecture and hypothetical.

This is exactly why gun owners get a bad rap.

Good, disapproval from abject statists is a plus in my book.

Oh look, marijuana dealers moving cargo from west to east coast states due to price differences: Go East, Young Marijuana Dealer : Planet Money : NPR.

Oregon was the first state to "decriminalize" marijuana only for possession of less than an ounce, which has absolutely no impact on supply and sale (still a felony). Legalizing sale and cultivation is the current trend for decriminization. In addition, European countries that have totally legalized pot have far lower prices than the US, You've never been to or read about Holland or Portugal, obviously.

Also, if you're really a cop (going by your name), then I am 100% sure this functioning drug user makes more money than you. Come on, show us your criminal justice "degree". :s0114:

HA! That's awesome.

Personally, I think people that do "ID theft" and or government services abuse etc. should be thrown in a hole.. and then covered with dirt instead of getting to perhaps enjoy a free bologna sandwich for a couple days.

This entire thread does the 2nd amendment cause harm.
I dont really give a damn who likes or doesnt like that statement.
It still does harm to pro 2nd people and the fight !

Taku, I love ya', but you're wrong here. There is nothing wrong with standing up for EVERYONE'S rights. The beautiful thing about the 2A is that unless incarcerated or dead, you get to possess firearms. It has it's own Amendment to clearly exempt it, so that we all may defend ourselves.

How is taking a person's means of defense for life OK because he did a 6 month stint in the '80's? Even a "Hanging Judge" like Isaac Parker knew that as soon as a former criminal was released, the first thing to be waiting for him were his guns and ammunition. There is no way they would have restricted the person's arms, because with he existence of the 2A, they simply don't have the grounds to keep a man that is free and alive from defending himself. That's that.

So, how do you explain the same price of marijuana where it has been decriminalized? Oregon's marijuana prices have stayed the same over the years in spite of decriminalization of larger and larger quantities.

Drug use and other crimes go hand in hand. Drug users (addicts) cannot sustain employment and most never had employment to start with. So, they turn to crime to feed their habit. It often starts with, or is sustained by, ID theft, property crimes and some turn to violent crimes if the need arises.

Drug use and property crime go together like peas and carrots. There are no long term "functioning drug users."

You don't even have the slightest clue what you are talking about, do you?

You're worthless. Where are these speed limit laws you speak of in The Constitution I keep quoting? Which Amendment covers your right to "Keep And Bear Automobiles"?

I follow oppressive laws because it allows me to live my life and stay out of the private prison system. No one has the right to disarm anyone. Your attempts to legitimize an illegal law by pointing out other illegal laws is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

The "rest of society" is not OK with oppression, no matter what Chris Matthews told you. These "facts" you bring up are the same that The King and Steadman cite. They don't exist and have no influence on the rules of our country. You don't have to like it, but unchecked, unexempted firearm ownership is exactly what we created here. You're "for the good of the whole" BS needs to go back to Europe. Here in America, we appreciate the rights of the individual, not a non-existent "Right To Not Be Afraid", which is where your illegal gun restrictions lie.

Worthless? Really? Thats your retort?

Supply is what drives the price up- like any other marketfunny you people talk a good game on the. Internet. You kids need a better hobby- try a job.

No, the retort came after that. "You're worthless" is my assessment of "value". See how that works?

Calling out only the first sentence of my post? Really? That's your retort?

See what I did there?

Common of you sovereign citizens. No matter the common sense, you cannot see it.

Root cause of the confusion, I think, is how quickly we make someone a felon.

There is a huge difference between someone who cheats their taxes and someone who twiddles with small children.

Root cause of the confusion, I think, is how quickly we make someone a felon.

There is a huge difference between someone who cheats their taxes and someone who twiddles with small children.

Agreed. I have always been a proponent of different classification system of crimes in consideration of someones rights. That said until that happens, we have what we have.

Supply is what drives the price up- like any other marketfunny you people talk a good game on the. Internet. You kids need a better hobby- try a job.

Can you even read? Oregon never decriminalized supply and cultivation, ergo, its prices did not change as much as states that did legalize said activities. Obviously they don't teach economics in police academy. Guess where economics is taught? The 4 year university I graduated from. LOL.

Common of you sovereign citizens. No matter the common sense, you cannot see it.

Still, the common sense lies in the rules of our country, not in those that forcefully infringe upon it. Common sense allows me to read "Shall Not Be Infringed" as exactly what it is, "Shall NOT", it isn't "Shall Not UNLESS", or "Shall Not IF". No infringement means none. Zero. Not "common sense infringements", which sounds like it came straight from the King O House of BS. Common sense tells me that an unarmed man is a subject, which is exactly what our "leaders" want and exactly why firearm ownership is exempted from restriction.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads