JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still can't believe the part he gave u 100$ without knowing where u live? Seems awful generous to me. He couldn't take your word for it that those were his guns if he wanted them? And if he wanted them that bad to follow u out, why in the hell didn't he go grab money at a bank and buy them right there?

Last Edited:
It was already mentioned but it might not hurt to stop in at a bank and ask them to check the bills. I can see a scam where someone gives you two fake $50's, waits awhile in hopes you spend them, then comes back and cancels and you do the right thing and give his money back, but now with legitimate $20's or something. I've read that a lot of bogus bills come up the I5 corridor (along with other unsavory things), so you never know.

The one reason he couldn't get the money from the bank may be that he has a limit on how much he can withdraw in a day. My bank has a $200 limit per day and I rarely carry my checkbook any more so I couldn't cash a check although I could probably do a bank check... if there was a branch around the area.

Better to be a bit paranoid than walk in and get blindsided. :)

Mike

OMG people!!! It wasn't very long ago you could sell a firearm without a background check. Everyone is an instant criminal now ???

No, just a lot more people trying to scam and get something for nothing. Morals are a thing of the past anymore. People just have to be more cautious now-a-days.

The state has insinuated everyone purchasing a firearm is a criminal and guilty until proven otherwise.

Its amazing how many firearms were sold back and forth between people. Without issue I might add.

It was already mentioned but it might not hurt to stop in at a bank and ask them to check the bills. I can see a scam where someone gives you two fake $50's, waits awhile in hopes you spend them, then comes back and cancels and you do the right thing and give his money back, but now with legitimate $20's or something. I've read that a lot of bogus bills come up the I5 corridor (along with other unsavory things), so you never know.

The one reason he couldn't get the money from the bank may be that he has a limit on how much he can withdraw in a day. My bank has a $200 limit per day and I rarely carry my checkbook any more so I couldn't cash a check although I could probably do a bank check... if there was a branch around the area.

Better to be a bit paranoid than walk in and get blindsided. :)

Mike
If you have ID and remember your social security number you won't need your checkbook. They will tell you if they don't have enough cash on hand but $700 is not a difficult amount usually. If you want 5 figures or more they may need a day or two advance notice or they may offer to contact another branch nearby and see if they can cover it between the two of them.

Sorry, IMHO something sounds amiss where an individual walks out behind you from the LGS to offer to purchase, at your asking price, w/o consummating the deal right then and there, yet gives you two fiftys as collateral and now has your name, number, where you work, and yes, even perhaps your home address so your brand new buddy can meet up there to consummate this deal!

NO, never, of course not, I do not see a thing out of place or out of the norm with this very strange meeting as I am sure it happens all the time.

Did you see the 'big man' in the LGS shopping while you were there? Standing close enough to hear your conversation with the shop owners/clerk?

a sidebar: what does having a OR concealed have to do with purchase of a handgun when ATF says there is no exemption in OR?
Shop owners get P.O.D when some one moves in on their deal .
I still can't believe the part he gave u 100$ without knowing where u live? Seems awful generous to me. He couldn't take your word for it that those were his guns if he wanted them? And if he wanted them that bad to follow u out, why in the hell didn't he go grab money at a bank and buy them right there?

100. Dollars was to show he was not BS . It used to be common back when Americans would operate to a your word ment something standard.

Sounds like the same shop that offered me less than $400 for my 229 and 6 mags that I'd purchased there a year earlier. Haven't been back since..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top