JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon now offers hunters safety online . Its required for youths but there are many adults that can learn how to hunt safely and some good rifle safety rules for those of you who are new to firearms .

You don't even have to pay for it unless you want the the card so if you are new to firearms or hunting this is a good place to start to keep you and others around you safe or just to get a refresher if you have been around guns.

Many years ago when i was a kid a neighbor and friends father was gut shot and killed by his own son when his son grabbed a "unloaded rifle" by the grip with his finger on the trigger and swept it in front of his father when the gun went off. He broke 3 common safety rules 1st assuming the gun was unloaded. 2nd putting his finger on the trigger when he was not intending to shoot, 3 sweeping/pointing in a unsafe direction resulting for a painful death of his father.

While hunting or handling guns you do not want to ruin your life by ending someone else's life most likely it will be a friend or loved one.

Even if your experienced with guns don't get too comfortable with them like the guy did a few weeks ago who shot the little girl in the face. A decorated soldier training for a job in security and possible law enforcement.

Here is a good place to start.

Official Oregon Hunter Safety Course | OR Online Hunter Safety Course

You might note that a Field day (shooting with a class instructer) is required to actually pass the course and get a hunters safety cert.

Yeh good point but i think any one who clicks the link will see that.

Thats if your under 18 and need it. I am mentioning this to anyone who has never taken a hunters safety course and plans to hunt. They don't need the certificate to hunt but they should be educated.

A lot of new gun owners out there are going to want to go kill something I would rather it be a deer or elk or sage rat and not each other.

Thanks Eldbillo, my daughter is going to take the online course. I wanted to put her in the FTF course but class availability does not work with her sports schedules.

Required in WA if you born before a certain age - I missed the cutoff by a couple years.

Took the online course and the field day - which is no big thing if you comfortable with guns.

Not too expensive and got some good basic info out of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top