JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to the club! Best place around to shoot.
Just make sure you're clear on the rules, the exam will really help you familiarize yourself with them.
Go in to it with an open mind. Unless you've had some training, you might find your muzzle control needs some extra attention!
I looked at it as an opportunity to become a safer shooter.
Have fun!

As a former RSO at the club, please read the rule book all the way through at least 3 times. Keep a copy in your range bag. Read up on the ranges that you will be using prior to showing up. Put the phone number of the RSO on duty in your phone's contact list. Study the emergency protocol. Read the signs located throughout the club and at the various ranges. They are there for your benefit. When interacting with an RSO, do so with a smile. It go's a long way and you'll get one in return! :) The more squared away you are with safety and the rules, the less scrutiny you will receive.

In general, the last thing an RSO wants to do, is to have to write a member up. Please don't put them in a position to do it. Like the old saying "don't start none, won't be none''. Now in the event that you think you are right and the RSO is wrong, please do not argue with them. Be polite and promptly comply with their request. All the RSO's report to a Supervisory RSO. He can be contacted should you need assistance with issues with regards to the RSO's attitude, professionalism, rule interpretation, etc.

Now that I got the above out of the way, TCGC has a lot to offer. There are various training (all levels from beginner to expert), shooting disciplines, and competitions. Just about something for everyone! I sincerely hope you enjoy your new membership at TCGC. I know I do! If you happen to be at the club on the 1st Sunday of the month, I can be found in the action range indulging in some Speed Steel goodness. You are welcome to join me! :)

Last Edited:
Another perk of the the club is the indoor range. As it it generally open 24hrs, it can be a boon to those that are night owls or who work nights and like to keep that schedule on their days off too. Nothing like busting some .22 caps late at night or in the wee hours of the morning...:s0010:

Another perk of the the club is the indoor range. As it it generally open 24hrs, it can be a boon to those that are night owls or who work nights and like to keep that schedule on their days off too. Nothing like busting some .22 caps late at night or in the wee hours of the morning...:s0010:
Nothing like blowing off a little steam before a big presentation at work to make things right. It was a great resource when I was a member.

Great place, welcome aboard.
Volunteer if you can.
There are amazing shooters in all skills there.
+1 to everything @spookshack said. It's no longer rural where the club is, so strict adherence to safety rules is essential. When I have made mistakes or done something wrong, the RSO has never done more than point it out and remind me.
Respect and manners are key.
Don't run afoul, you won't be called for a foul.

Welcome to the club. As others have said, read the rules. Be aware that the rules vary depending on the range. In other words, the shotgun field rules are different from the pistol range which is different than the BP range etc. and there may be rule variations on the same range depending on firearm type. When in doubt, ask. I live on the BP range or the skeet fields (my Springer gets a real attitude if I miss too many birds.)

Compliance with the rules is a given. There are some common courtesy things I will suggest I wish someone had told a few members - new and old. This has to do with the 100 yard range mostly and in some cases the 200-300 yard range.

Don't sit down at a bench directly behind someone else with your short barrel AR or your 300 WSM with a muzzle break, if there are other benches available. If you don't have a choice, try to time your shooting when the guy next to you is taking a break or at least not shooting. No need to blow him off his target and stool with muzzle blast if you can avoid it.

If you use multiple benches, and most people do, if it gets busy and crowded, give up your second and third benches so other people have a place to shoot. Luckily it rarely gets that busy...one of the great things about the club.

Get your targets ready first at the 100 yard range so that when the range goes cold you can take them downrange and the line doesn't have to wait. Also, if you go downrange to swap targets or examine groups, do it as quickly as possible. No need to have a conference down range while everyone else is waiting. On the flip side, don't be an azz about making the range hot if someone is about ready with their targets.

You will want to bring guests, so pay special attention to the rules regarding them. Pay attention to where they are standing and the yellow line when the ranges go cold, and make sure you have enough yellow chamber flags for everyone.

If you are the first person to the range on a cold morning, do everyone a favor and get a fire going. Everyone appreciates it, and it is a great place to gather and shoot the bull.

Keep ear plugs and/or muffs in the car with you so you can get them in place when you arrive. Some ranges don't go cold, so there can be constant gunfire. With so much shooting and often times directly behind you, I suggest you always double up hearing protect...plugs and muffs. If you don't have tinnitus or hearing damage, you certainly don't want any. If you don't have any, get some amplified muffs, as there is always good conversation around the fire and behind the shooting line.

Welcome to the club and enjoy.

902B49C7-5020-49F2-8CA4-A08E8AE1232E.jpeg

Compliance with the rules is a given. There are some common courtesy things I will suggest I wish someone had told a few members - new and old. This has to do with the 100 yard range mostly and in some cases the 200-300 yard range.

Don't sit down at a bench directly behind someone else with your short barrel AR or your 300 WSM with a muzzle break, if there are other benches available. If you don't have a choice, try to time your shooting when the guy next to you is taking a break or at least not shooting. No need to blow him off his target and stool with muzzle blast if you can avoid it.

If you use multiple benches, and most people do, if it gets busy and crowded, give up your second and third benches so other people have a place to shoot. Luckily it rarely gets that busy...one of the great things about the club.

Get your targets ready first at the 100 yard range so that when the range goes cold you can take them downrange and the line doesn't have to wait. Also, if you go downrange to swap targets or examine groups, do it as quickly as possible. No need to have a conference down range while everyone else is waiting. On the flip side, don't be an azz about making the range hot if someone is about ready with their targets.

You will want to bring guests, so pay special attention to the rules regarding them. Pay attention to where they are standing and the yellow line when the ranges go cold, and make sure you have enough yellow chamber flags for everyone.

If you are the first person to the range on a cold morning, do everyone a favor and get a fire going. Everyone appreciates it, and it is a great place to gather and shoot the bull.

Keep ear plugs and/or muffs in the car with you so you can get them in place when you arrive. Some ranges don't go cold, so there can be constant gunfire. With so much shooting and often times directly behind you, I suggest you always double up hearing protect...plugs and muffs. If you don't have tinnitus or hearing damage, you certainly don't want any. If you don't have any, get some amplified muffs, as there is always good conversation around the fire and behind the shooting line.

Welcome to the club and enjoy.

Excellent advice! I would like to add to your comment about guests. When I was RSO'ing, my biggest pet peeve revolved around infractions I would see with members and their guests. Please be advised that you are 100% responsible for the actions of your guests! Depending on the severity of the violation they commit, you could be suspended or even have your membership revoked. Please read the section it the rule book pertaining to guests. Make sure your guests are familiar with the general club rules as well as the rules specific to the ranges you will be visiting/using prior to arriving at the range if possible. If you or your guest is unsure about anything, ask! There are usually at least a couple fellow members on the range most of the time that may be able to assist you. If not, call the RSO on duty. They would much prefer to help you with a rule interpretation, safety question, etc before hand so as to
prevent a violation or infraction later on. ;)

Last Edited:
When did you apply .
How long have you been in waiting list
September 4th last year
As a former RSO at the club, please read the rule book all the way through at least 3 times. Keep a copy in your range bag. Read up on the ranges that you will be using prior to showing up. Put the phone number of the RSO on duty in your phone's contact list. Study the emergency protocol. Read the signs located throughout the club and at the various ranges. They are there for your benefit. When interacting with an RSO, do so with a smile. It go's a long way and you'll get one in return! :) The more squared away you are with safety and the rules, the less scrutiny you will receive.

In general, the last thing an RSO wants to do, is to have to write a member up. Please don't put them in a position to do it. Like the old saying "don't start none, won't be none''. Now in the event that you think you are right and the RSO is wrong, please do not argue with them. Be polite and promptly comply with their request. All the RSO's report to a Supervisory RSO. He can be contacted should you need assistance with issues with regards to the RSO's attitude, professionalism, rule interpretation, etc.

Now that I got the above out of the way, TCGC has a lot to offer. There are various training (all levels from beginner to expert), shooting disciplines, and competitions. Just about something for everyone! I sincerely hope you enjoy your new membership at TCGC. I know I do! If you happen to be at the club on the 1st Sunday of the month, I can be found in the action range indulging in some Speed Steel goodness. You are welcome to join me! :)
I have wanted to get into USPSA and speed steel forever so I will be looking forward to it! I already have the belt holster and mag pouches for competition because me and my buddy have mock matches at his place.

I joined a year ago. Very nice club. Just go with the flow in the orientation and ask questions. Mozt of the RSO'S are great. Friendly and helpful. If you bring guests keep a very close eye on them and regardless of how much experience they have go over the club rules with them. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

also how do I become a action range certified member? I know it says to take the class and pass the evaluation but when I look on the calendar it doesn't list the class anywhere.

Volunteer hours count against your dues. Track them. This can include times like set up for competitions.
really? like how much per hour? I was planning on volunteering anyway as I am with TVFR and our training center is literally right next to the club so I am always out there anyways.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top