JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once you become a member I believe you have full access to the member portal on the TCGC website. From there, you can go to "events" for all of the current events for the next couple months and all the details related to the class you are interested in. It shows the 1st date of the year for Action Shooting Fundamentals (ASF) to be in April 18th for the classroom then April 20th for the actual range portion of the class. $125

The next class is the certification class. Here you will be tested on what you learned in the ASF class. Afte successful completion of this class, you will receive your action range certification and be allowed full access to the Action Range. $75

As for work credits, you can earn those mostly through volunteering with club disciplines/activities such as stage set-up in various matches such as IDPA, Speed Steel, etc.

I want to say you earn $4 an hr with a max of $120 credit per year. Another option is to help out on the Monday Morning Crew. They are responsible for the general well being and upkeep of the club. Some tasks include cutting/splitting fire wood for all the stoves in use at the club, clearing blackberry vines/bushes, cleaning gutters, and things of that nature. No experience is required. Just show up Monday mornings. They work from 8am-12pm.

You could also get certified as an NRA Range Safety Officer ( the training provided is free). Once certified and you do some ride along's, then you can make about $10 hr pulling shifts at the club. There is a minimum time requirement for shifts worked (at least 1 full day shift and on evening shift per month) more is better if you can swing it. If you are interested, contact the Supervisory RSO to inquire more. There may be a RSO certification class coming up in March. Hope this info helps.

More Questions? Ask away here or PM me or some of the others that have replied. Lots of folks here that can just about cover anything you might need to know. ;)

Last Edited:
You will need to supply your own heavy duty staple gun to attach targets to target boards. 1/2 inch staples work the best. A spotting scope is also a must have when sighting in rifles. Don't throw your 5.56, .308, 45 ACP, and .357 brass in the garbage. Just leave it in front of the firing line and eventually I will be around to pick it up.

You will need to supply your own heavy duty staple gun to attach targets to target boards. 1/2 inch staples work the best. A spotting scope is also a must have when sighting in rifles. Don't throw your 5.56, .308, 45 ACP, and .357 brass in the garbage. Just leave it in front of the firing line and eventually I will be around to pick it up.
should my staple gun be quad rail or MLOK? And what pound trigger pull I hear good things about 4.5

Last Edited:
I stopped bringing my daughters to shoot there as every RO thought it was their business to stop by and chat them up.., (Wow, you like shooing that 300 WM? / You shoot better than your dad....) Not only was it rude getting interrupted but my daughters found it creepy and eventually didn't want to go anymore.

Even without my daughters, they often will come up and interrupt to talk or try to find something wrong. I've had them question the legality of the barrel length of my SBR, if I was keeping my brass and if not, "set it here" so they could could come back later for it, ask me to turn my badge around so they could read it (personal info in on one side) and many, many more interruptions not involving any infraction of the rules. It's reminiscent of getting pulled over for being black and the LEO telling you one of your two your license plate lights are out and then go on to ask where your going, coming from, been drinking or using, how much tread is there on tires.....

My point? Be very, very patient with the RO's.

Welcome to the club. If you haven't already done so, look at the various matches and go participate in some. So much fun and you get to meet a lot of like minded folks plus work out some of those safe queens in some friendly competition.

I am the Chief Range Safety Officer at TCGC. Get me a name of the RSO, and your name- and I will investigate this behavior. Some of what you said are things I need to know about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top