JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got my first handgun tonight. It's for concealed carry once my permit gets cleared, but figured I'd get some practice in with it first.

Picked up my 2nd gen Glock 19 from the Gun Broker in Woodburn. They were very nice and helpful and were nice enough to hold it for me until I got there, it's very clean, despite being used. I picked up an IWB holster for it and then stopped by bi-mart to pick up a box of Remington 115 GR JHPs.

Just thought I'd share as today was a happy day for me.

Very nice, I loved my 2nd gen Glock 19, one of the most comfortable and easily pointed guns I've ever owned.

Congratulations on the awesome new toy :) I'm sure you'll have a blast (hehe..)
Have you picked up a holster for CC yet? If you're on a budget you might try a Don Hume IWB, it uses a clip to stay on so its not the best, but for $30 + shipping its pretty hard to beat.

Very nice choice for a first handgun. Big enough for all practical purposes with good capacity and small enough to carry. Add to all that the fact that it is a tested and proven model when it comes to reliability and durability and you have a top notch weapon. :)

Have you picked up a holster for CC yet? If you're on a budget you might try a Don Hume IWB, it uses a clip to stay on so its not the best, but for $30 + shipping its pretty hard to beat.
Picked up my 2nd gen Glock 19 from the Gun Broker in Woodburn. They were very nice and helpful and were nice enough to hold it for me until I got there, it's very clean, despite being used. I picked up an IWB holster for it and then stopped by bi-mart to pick up a box of Remington 115 GR JHPs.
Yes, Yes I did. Less than $15 too, great deal for it.

Very nice choice for a first handgun. Big enough for all practical purposes with good capacity and small enough to carry. Add to all that the fact that it is a tested and proven model when it comes to reliability and durability and you have a top notch weapon. :)
Thank you, That is precisely the reason I chose this one in particular. I've been researching it since Christmas, I was torn between this and a SA XD9 4". The reliability and simplicity sold it for me.
If my life depends on it, I don't want to have to fiddle around with a perfect grip to deactivate a grip safety, let alone another finger safety on top of it.
Also it just feels right in my hand.

Good choice! You should pick up a couple SHTF 33 round Glock mags for your vehicle or get home bag.
<broken link removed>

I carry the Speer Gold Dots in my carry mags.

Yes, Yes I did. Less than $15 too, great deal for it.

Thank you, That is precisely the reason I chose this one in particular. I've been researching it since Christmas, I was torn between this and a SA XD9 4". The reliability and simplicity sold it for me.
If my life depends on it, I don't want to have to fiddle around with a perfect grip to deactivate a grip safety, let alone another finger safety on top of it.
Also it just feels right in my hand.

Huh? If you are gripping the grip firmly (which you need to do anyway to make either pistol cycle properly) you have deactivated the grip safety. The only other "safety" on the XD is the trigger safety, same as the Glocks in operation. As you might have guessed, I have an XD, I forget the grip safety is even there since it is so natural to deactivate it.

That being said. You made a good choice, the 19 is a good size in a versatile caliber (with lots of ammo available). I'm sure you'l be happy with your purchase.:s0155:

Huh? If you are gripping the grip firmly (which you need to do anyway to make either pistol cycle properly) you have deactivated the grip safety. The only other "safety" on the XD is the trigger safety, same as the Glocks in operation. As you might have guessed, I have an XD, I forget the grip safety is even there since it is so natural to deactivate it.

That being said. You made a good choice, the 19 is a good size in a versatile caliber (with lots of ammo available). I'm sure you'l be happy with your purchase.:s0155:

The new XDs (starting in 2008) now have a thumb safety on the back as well. Older ones only have the grip safety, but the current generation also has that thumb safety on it as well. Also having held and shot both XD and Glock before, they were both pretty close, but the grip safety on the XD didn't like to deactivate all the time for me without me readjusting my grip (it might have been just me :s0092:) but I didn't want to risk that failing on me in a situation I needed it.
Also the glock felt better in my hand and not as heavy.

I'm one of those guys who likes things simple and clean. I'm really into cars, but I don't like cars that have so much stuff on them or done to them that you can see. I like things as clean as possible, no emblems, no flashy blingy wheels, nothing like that. I prefer my guns the same way, the simpler and more streamlined the better, and I can't think of a gun (semi-auto pistol) that's simpler in design or operation than a Glock. Plus I have the piece of mind it will last me for years and years and not fail.

Either way I love it and can't wait to take the wife out shooting to teach her how to use it and my 12 gauge in case for some reason she ever has to use it or handle it. Who knows with Z-Day lurking around the corner right?:s0131:

Welcome to the world of pistols...the first among many, I'm sure! I love my M&P from S&W...so when you all are shopping, at least give the M&P's a look...its made in America too!

(I'm definitely not trying to start a "which is better" gun, I think that's all baloney as there's no "best" gun...just want to make sure the Made In USA one gets a shout out!)

For me the best thing about the Second Generation Glock 19 is the ability to add a rubber slip-on grip sleeve, like the Hogue Handall. These give just a little finger groove and just a little palm-swell to really make it fit my hand and point better for me.....................elsullo :s0155:

Nice find, but I was hoping you bought a PHANTOM!
How come? I'm guessing by caps you're making a reference to my name, but it's has 2 "H"s and no "N"
"Phathom"
not
"Phantom"
BTW: Never heard of the gun, who makes it, it looks nice.

EDIT:Only thing I remember is that it was from a video game (Goldeneye I think) and you could have 2 of them and they were machine guns that kicked @$$. Otherwise all I find on google is paintball, bb guns, and references to Halo about it.

EDIT AGAIN:
Nevermind, found it by CZ.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews