JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im going to the shooting range today, I can't afford to shoot very often, not because of ammunition prices but because my range charges close to $20 for going shooting.

Im gonna try some techniques I learned on youtube, such as keeping both eyes open, an attempt at the weaver stance and I could always use more practice and squeezing the trigger rather than pulling. Hollywood taught my original way to grip a pistol, cup and saucer, come to find out thats a terrible way to grip a handgun, so Im trying another way.

Ill probably be back in a few hours.

Epilogue to this thread that got no responses, my friend found out he loves firearms too after firing mine. He now wants to own one of his own, right now Im pointing him towards a double-stacked .45 ACP Para-Ordinance 1911, what do you guys think might make a good first firearm for a 34 year old man?

He doesn't like the "look" of glock like firearms. He was thinking of buying a gun just like mine. Im trying to point him in the direction that he wants to go, I always thought glocks were lacking in the looks department despite their reliability. I don't think he would like the Springfield XD either, now don't get me wrong I've fired an XD9 and with my piss poor aim and lack of practice, I had 17 out of 20 rounds hit center mass with it. Anyways, he wants a conventional looking firearm, nothing too boxy or too polymer, he wants a solid, metal of some sort, handgun. He likes the movie Stand By Me, and the kids in that movie have a 1911 in it so I can understand where he is coming from.

I bought my first firearm when I was 34, it was and still is a Beretta M9/92FS. Pleasant shooter. If your friend doesn't like the Glock-y looks, by all means, don't force him there. If he wants the double stack Para, from my understanding they're very nice guns.

We were using my Beretta M9 with LG402 grips, which is very similar to a 92FS, we both have to admit that the M9, with its open slide, is a very nice looking firearm. He wouldn't mind getting a gun identical to mine, but I told him he can fire my firearm anytime he wants to go shooting with me, so lets get something different. Ideally I'd have him buy a FiveseveN because that's the firearm I wish I had bought instead. However a Para-Ordinance 1911 with a double-stacked magazine should have plenty of firepower even for his tastes.

Epilogue to this thread that got no responses, my friend found out he loves firearms too after firing mine. He now wants to own one of his own, right now Im pointing him towards a double-stacked .45 ACP Para-Ordinance 1911, what do you guys think might make a good first firearm for a 34 year old man?

Get a Ruger SR9c. he will be happier.

Get a Ruger SR9c. he will be happier.

Im not dissing the firearm you mentioned, but I told him I fired a 1911 and my two main complaints were that the grip was too narrow and the low magazine capacity. Seems like they would rectify both problems with a double stacked magazine in the same firearm design, which is what a double stacked Para-Ordinance 1911 does.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top