JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the recon kit bag and I wouldn't get anything smaller than that. It has the molle front, mine is maybe 8 years old so I think they've made some changes since then. I wanted it that way so I could scale it up by adding some molle pouches or mag pouches if I wanted to make it into a basic ready rig. You could also get the regular kit bag if you wanted more capacity, but I planned mine as just to hold the bare bones

In terms of the kydex trigger guard, yes, that is needed because I have purposely tried to pull the trigger through the kit bag and it is possible, though unlikely. It's well worth the insurance in my opinion because I only carry chambered. I didn't get one from them though, I don't remember HPG selling them back then. I bought one from Raven concealment, the VG2 or something, basically in a pinch it could he used as a IWB holster on the hip if I wanted to switch and take off the kit bag to draw even less attention.

The reason why I say the HPG chest rig is best, is because you will find it far more useful than merely holding a gun, you'll sacrifice maybe half a second draw time for significantly more usefulness and concealability.

I use mine when I torture myself jogging the neighborhood. Full size G17, wallet, phone, keys. Spare mag if I feel like it. Basically none of it has to be in my pockets which would suck. I've also used it a lot fishing when hiking. You can keep some small necessities and the pistol easily accessible and walk around without needing a pack.
How does your G17 fit in the Recon kit? A lot of extra room or is it pretty tight? I'm looking at those and the snubby for hiking.

How does your G17 fit in the Recon kit? A lot of extra room or is it pretty tight? I'm looking at those and the snubby for hiking.
Fit's well, I often throw my whole holster in it because I don't feel like taking off the light. I wouldn't get the snubby unless you read the dimensions and are certain your intended firearm can actually fit.

Just picked up a Glock 20 and some ammo today. I want to use this as a Camping, Hiking, and Overlanding rig. I'll probably have it cut for a Trijicon RMR if I like it. What holster should I get? I'm thinking a chest rig? Seems that would work while driving also.

View attachment 884277

Be aware, if you have the Glock 20 slide milled for an RMR, you may need to also buy suppressor height sights to go with and have it refinished (coated) to avoid rust collection. You might consider picking up a new slide cut for optics and can easily swap them around. If you cut the OEM slide, you're locked in.

Trijicon's are top of the line, but I own two Burris Fastfire III red dots (3 & 8 MOA versions) and find them to work perfectly well at less than 1/2 the price.

Or better, if you like the G20, buy a Glock 40 MOS and FF III, for about what you'd spend milling the G20 slide, buying new sights, refinishing it and buying a Trijicon.

Two are always better than one!

Last Edited:

Be aware, if you have the Glock 20 slide milled for an RMR, you may need to also buy suppressor height sights to go with and have it refinished (coated) to avoid rust collection. You might consider picking up a new slide cut for optics and can easily swap them around. If you cut the OEM slide, you're locked in.

Trijicon's are top of the line, but I own two Burris Fastfire III red dots (3 & 8 MOA versions) and find them to work perfectly well at less than 1/2 the price.

Or better, if you like the G20, buy a Glock 40 MOS and FF III, for about what you'd spend milling the G20 slide, buying new sights, refinishing it and buying a Trijicon.

Two are always better than one!
I went for the 20 because I thought the 40 was too long. I also don't like how high the RMR sits on the MOS system. I'm pretty set on the RMR, it's worth the extra money to me.

Just picked up a Glock 20 and some ammo today. I want to use this as a Camping, Hiking, and Overlanding rig. I'll probably have it cut for a Trijicon RMR if I like it. What holster should I get? I'm thinking a chest rig? Seems that would work while driving also.

View attachment 884277
I have a G20 Gen 4
Easy to shoot accurately.
I also have a Diamond D chest rig.

The Kenai chest rig is another good one.

I know for a fact, at this point in time, I'll be using an RMR, but it would be a nice option to be flexible for future optics. That is where their AOS option really shines over specific footprint cuts and IMO is a better solution than the MOS.

http://www.agencyarms.com/agency-optic-system-aos-cut

AND I was pretty set on ATEi RMR cut.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR